Part 9. "I've missed you like crazy"

It was a long week for Carla. Everything was going wrong in the factory, Peter was slowly recovering, and the worst of all, she missed Nick. So much she cried herself to sleep, when Peter wasn't taking notice. Peter had attended an AA meeting one night and Carla was sitting in silence in the flat alone. She started to feel sorry for herself and she didn't want that. She tried to find any sort of alcohol she could chuck down into her system, but remembered she chucked it all away for Peter's sake. Whenever she was alone and had nothing to distract her, Nick immediately sprung to mind. She decided she'll go to the Rovers instead. At least she could maybe tell Michelle everything that happened? She could trust Michelle, she could tell her anything and Michelle would keep it confidential.
Carla swung her handbag over her shoulders and grabbed her phone. Now and then, she checked her messages to see if Nick had sent her anything, but nothing was said. Not seeing him began to drive her crazy. As she was about leave, someone knocked the door. Carla wondered who it could be, nobody buzzed from downstairs. Maybe it was Michelle or maybe Peter forgot his key. Carla opened the door and her heart skipped a beat when she saw Nick standing there smiling at her. "Hello Carla." He said as he breathed heavily with relief, as if she took his breath away. She exhaled and looked at him with a soppy look as if to say Where the hell have you been this past week? I've missed you like mad. But she didn't say anything, nothing at all. She just stared into his eyes. A small smile crept up onto her face and he smiled back at her beauty. Still no words emitted from her lips. She was just so happy to see him. She walked closer to him slowly, still not taking her eyes off him. He placed one hand on the back of her neck. "I've missed you like crazy." Nick whispered. Carla had tears forming in her eyes. She had no idea why because she was extremely happy. She quickly pressed her lips as the need of having him took over her. His hands played with her hair as he lead her into the flat and kicked the door shut behind him. "Where's Peter?" Nick stopped the kiss to ask.
"AA meeting. He'll be gone for more than 2 hours." Carla said while breathing heavily before kissing him again.
"Perfect." Nick said as the two fell onto the sofa.