7 (Spurious Desire) 7

October 24, 2015

Emma Allen

It's a universal knowledge to every man, woman and occasionally children, that without family--you need to support yourself, financially, emotionally, physically, and psychologically. Be the beams of your own building; the milk to the cereal, like thunder to a lightning.

A small step towards that direction would be aiming for a job. Luckily for me, I happened to be in front of a rather medium sized cafe and in bold lettering-- "HIRING".

My palms instinctively engulfed the knob with fingers slowly clawing to the door handle. Without a second thought of my appearance, I stepped into the well-furnished cafe.

Inside had many customers, a window wall that allowed sunlight to spill into a gorgeous ocean view. Sunlight bled in as customers' chattering led on. Waitresses kept a smile fulfilling with warmth and a tone that gave the illusion of coffee.

It was definitely a strange thought to go on from the get-go. Coffee. Their personality very much resembles coffee. Strong, a tinge of bitterness, sweet and creamy all at once.

I eased myself to the reception and was greeted by a woman.

"Welcome to Rapture Cafe! How may I help you?"

My voice began to soothe itself and when it came out of my mouth, a silky tone that surprised even myself came out.

"Hi! My name's Emma. I would like a job here at this cafe."

October 24, 2015

Nicholas Mineo

Perhaps it was my own self-conscious getting to me, but I believe this woman is buying too many damned clothes. A number of accessories and clothing would overwhelm the inhabitants of hell itself. Emilia-freaking-Erwin.

Daughter of the Icelass Hotel Company, and may I mention--a total stereotypical, over the board, spoiled, rich girl. Spending money like a fire to the bush.

"Niiiiiiick."

Oh, joy.

"Let's go to the mall next~" she coaxes with those eyes of hers.

I don't want to.

"Sure," I reply.

But I have to. Solid one million is pretty good, but, this is worse than torture. And believe me, I've been through some things worse than that.

We ended up in the mall, four bodyguards with Emilia. With them being dressed in all black and sunglasses, definitely drew some attention towards us.

"Sorry," I apologized after bumping into a man. And for a split second, I lost Emilia and within my ear I heard a chilling phrase;

"How long since you've killed someone?~"

The voice was smooth and coaxing--a woman's voice for sure. What's worse about it, is that she recognizes me--she knows my face.

 Well, call me the devil's dog...

Crap.

My head swung around to follow the mysterious figure. Lost her.

"Did you see the person who bumped into me?" I ask Erwin.

She shook her head. "Why? Is something wrong?"

Silence became my answer for a solid minute before answering. "I was up all night. Probably all in my head."

Emilia tugged on my jacket and pulled me to my next stop of demise. I really did not want to look after her. Not a bit.

Could've sworn five hours had passed when I was released from her shopping spree. But then, I was tricked into having dinner with her...This woman. I swear.

Erwin took me to her hotel's dinner and ordered the priciest crap on the menu. "Two Kobe beef burger and two root beers."

"I'll have an iced coffee." I interrupt.

Emilia gave a smile. "Iced coffee it is. With some appetizers of course... and dessert."

After the appetizers of fries and calamari, we were greeted with the 'pleasant aroma' of the Kobe burgers. Emilia bit into the burger happily, eating it away slowly.

Deciding to give the burger a shot, I took a bit into the burger. I chewed quietly and swallowed. Tasteless. Flavourless. Dull.

"Not going to eat, Nick?~"

A smirk formed of my lips. "I'll bag it home."

When I left the hotel--Emilia stayed at the hotel overnight--I went back home; with a box in my hand. The night was pleasingly cold, as I raised my scarf to cover my chin to block out a sudden gust. On my way back I finished the burger without a word. It was plain and boring. My life needed more excitement than this... I needed

More action.

More blood.

More crossfires.

I looked at a picture stored on my phone. It was the falsified documents beside the original one. My attention then shifted to Erwin who sat in front of me, sipping on her drink.

"I think I need to go," I told her, before grabbing my jacket. "I'll see you on Monday."

"Mineo!" She shouts afterwards.

But it was too late. I was already long gone after her call. I wasn't exactly interested in mere trifles and luxuries. The son of the wealthy is not mesmerized by fortune. Rather, he is addicted to the thrill of danger. The adrenaline that courses through your veins when you run against the rooftops escaping the clutches of others. 

It's very curious.

It's like a blood-thirsty hound of curiosity, about to tear me to shreds.