Thirteen: In Which He Likes Her Smart Mouth (But Not For The Right Reasons)

Start from the beginning

"You're delusional." I huff out a laugh.

"I'm a bodyguard. I've been trained to be observant," he says, his eyes dead-set. He crosses his tan arms over his chest and shrugs. "And I know you like her."

"I want to fuck her. There's a difference." I correct him.

He chuckles. "You and I both know it's much more than that."

"What are you? Some kind of psychic?" I say, irritated.

"No. Like I said-just hella observant." He tells me. "And years of experience. I've been with working with your father for over five years now. He's exactly like you. He likes to fool around-never nothing serious. But sometimes, it's not like that. Those are rare moments but I know. When he falls for someone, he falls hard."

"That's not the case with Blaire and I." I shake my head. "I'm not looking for anything serious. I just got out some really messy shit."

"I heard." Hunter nods. "Your father likes to keep tabs on you. You had a girlfriend, right? Sienna? Baxton mentioned her."

"Yeah." Shit. I don't exactly feel comfortable talking about Sienna. I never do. She's a sensitive topic to me.

"I'm guessing from the way you're looking at Blaire, you and this Sienna girl are either not together or you're just an asshole."

A low laugh rumbles out of me. "I am an asshole. But I broke up with her. Or to be more specific: she broke up with me."

"Shit, what did you do?" Hunter edges closer, his eyes glimmering with interest.

I tell him everything-starting from when Sienna found out I had been cheating on her with her sister, Beth, and how she swore she was going to get her revenge on me. By the time I'm done, my throat runs dry and I need to get another refill. Hunter stares at me incredulously, trying to digest everything I told him.

"Wow," he breathes. "You are such a dick."

The word sounds foreign when it escapes his mouth. I laugh and nod. "I don't even want to deny it."

"How could you? Cheat on your girlfriend with her sister?" He shakes his head. "That's not cool, man."

"I know it was a shitty move. You don't have to keep reminding me," I take another swig from my bottle. "It was a mistake. Don't tell me you haven't made one so big you wish you never done it in the first place."

"So you do regret it?" He raises a curious eyebrow. " You didn't stop sleeping with her sister after she dumped your ass."

"Beth was hot. Period." I chuckle. "She was a damn good time."

"So that's your excuse?" He says in disbelief.

"Fuck yeah."

"You're evil," Hunter drawls.

"I know."

"So you're not even going to try to redeem yourself?" He asks. "After all the bad things you've done-you're still going to be the same asshole are right now?"

I don't hesitate to answer. I glance at Blaire again and a wave of possessiveness washes over me. I need this girl. I need to get this damn girl out of my system. Beth may be one thing, but Blaire is a whole other story. I never wanted anyone so much and it's killing me.

And I'm not going to stop until I have her.

"Yes," I say. "Yes. I am."

☸☸☸☸☸☸