Chapter 1

Aphmau's POV

I made my way to Kiki's barn. It was almost time for the baby shower:

~~~~~Flashback~~~~~

I opened the door to find Laurance, with Levin. Levon right away ran to the table, but Laurance stayed at the door, panting.

"Houston...We've...Got a problem..." He struggled to catch his breath. He looked like he was about to black out.

"...What did you just call me?"

"Doesn't...matter...come with me..." He grabbed my wrist and took off running again, pulling me with him. We ran to the edge of the village. Kiki was looking at something-or someone on the ground. Making my way to her, I saw that it was a baby girl. She was wrapped in a faded pink blanket, and she had cuts and bruises all over her body. One significant injury was a deep cut in her arm. That kind of injury could be fatal to a child that young. She had a name tag, but it had obviously been destroyed. Only one small part was readable.

To whoever finds this child,
We have sent this girl away, for she can not carry on our family name, and we have no time to care for another child, if it doesn't even carry on our name. Don't try to look for us, just make sure our baby has a safe home.
Yours truly-

The rest was indistinct smudges of ink on a paper. Not readable at all.

Kiki was rapidly tending to the small child's wounds, before she spoke up:
"This is not use out here. Let's go back to my barn."

We made our way to Kiki's barn, and she continued her doctor care. Garroth had come to check on me at some point, but I barely noticed him. After a long wait, Kiki said, "We need somebody to adopt this baby. I can't, with all my animals, plus Leona, I would have no time."

There was a long silence before Garroth spoke up, "Aphmau and I can adopt her."

Kiki looked at me and I nodded. The little girl was ours. Kiki continued with her medical stuff, and my stomach rumbled.

"You can go eat something." Kiki said to me, "I know you missed dinner. And this might take a while. Her wounds are pretty bad for a girl at her age. Honestly, I don't think she's going to pull through. But I'm still going to try my best, because this girl deserves to live. Now go, eat."

Nodding, I went off with Garroth to enjoy the meal, which was now turning cold, but it was delicious anyway. After we put Levin and Malachi to bed, we went back to Kiki's barn. Laurance had already left.

I asked Kiki how the baby was, and Kiki cringed.

"We have to wait until tomorrow to see if I was successful. But in her current condition, I doubt I was."

I was saddened by the thought, but I kept my hopes high. Kiki was the best doctor in town. If anyone could save the girl, Kiki could, with her all-natural medicines.

"Who found her anyway?" Garroth asked quietly, as to not disturb the sleeping baby.

"Laurance. He came and got me right away, then he went and got Aphmau. He did a lot of running around the village today, so I told him to go and get some sleep if." Kiki replied, "You two should get some rest too...I'll keep watch over the baby."

"Don't have to tell me twice." I yawned, and Garroth laughed.

-----The Next Day-----

I woke up to an excited Kiki at my door.

"APHMAU!! IT'S AMAZING!! SHE LIVED!! SHE SHOULD BE FULLY RECOVERED IN A FEW DAYS, THANKS TO LUCINDA WHO CAME LAST NIGHT TO HELP ME BUT SHE'S ALIVE!!"

Running to the barn, I saw the little child, sleeping with a new blanket around her, and a new pair of clothes, which I recognized from Kiki's baby shower, when she had Leona. It was one of the outfits Cadenza had made.

"It's a miracle..." Said Garroth, who had come up behind me.

"That should be her name..." I said quietly, "Her name should be Miracle, because that's what she is. A miracle. We could call her Mira for short."

Garroth placed a kiss on my cheek. "I like that. It's official. Her name will be Miracle! You can choose her middle name."

"Her name will be Miracle Eve- uh, what's our last name...?" I questioned, which totally ruined the moment.

He smiled, "Do we need one? We are Aphmau and Garroth of Phoenix Drop!"

"Her name is Miracle Eve of Phoenix Drop!"

~~~~~Back To Present Time~~~~~

Mira is fully recovered, and we are about to have her baby shower in Kiki's barn. And we are all super happy.

A/N-- Hey! Like it? Btw exactly 800 words in this chapter. But I a, starting to add more and more characters of my own into the series. Let's see, we have:
-Iris
-Colton
-Ezra (If You Read Locked Away)
-Mira
-All the characters from One With The Moon (not spoiling it)

Anyways, if you were wondering, the gem on the cover of this book is a pink tourmaline.

And the shoutout of the day goes to...

kdab38 I've been on your infinite death list how many times now...?

Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter, and I will see you later.

Bye!