Debts and Mates

"And where are you going today brother?" Klaus asked as Elijah was about to walk out the door.

"Going to see a man about a loan, would you like to join me Niklaus?"

"You loaned someone money?" Niklaus questioned as he grabbed his coat and walked to the carriage.

"Yes, a man I met many years ago. He wanted to help mentally ill patients. I lent him the money to open his own practice and today is the day he will repay me...or die, still undetermined." He chuckled along with his brother.

Once they arrived at their destination they were escorted into a nice office room to find a man burried behind stacks of papers. "Elijah! My old friend! How are you?" He asked standing and shaking the originals hand.

"Very well, and yourself?"

"Can't complain." He smiled.

"This is my brother Niklaus. The time has come friend." Elijah stated and the doctor nodded.

"Yes, of coarse! I've been waiting for you." He ran back behind his desk and grabbed a small bag, holding it out. "You'll find it's all there. Now, how about a tour?" He offered.

"I'm sure we would love that on another occasion, we are late to dine with our sister."

"Of coarse, well, when ever you have time just--"

"Sir! Patient 17 is at it again." A women dressed in white said as she opened the door.

"Excuse me, what's she saying this time?"

"She says 'The time has come' sir." The nurse stated, walking out of the room.

"Not this hybrid crap again." The doctor groaned, getting the Mikaelson's attention. "Well Elijah, I will see you soon."

"Actually, we have a minute or two, what is wrong with this patient if I may ask?" Niklaus questioned, genuinely curious.

"Her parents admitted her, saying she could see the future, everything she ranted off would come true. Since she got here 3 months ago, she has been speaking of a hybrid, a man born of infidelity, part wolf, part blood sucking demon, destined to kill us all. Apparently today is the day." He sighed. "Follow me." Niklaus looked back at Elijah, they were both stunned into silence before following the doctor.

As they arrived at a window, they looked in to see a girl, no more than 18 strapped to a chair, dangling over top of a large tub of ice water. A wild growl ripped from Niklaus' chest as he met eyes with the girl, she smiled knowingly as she met his gaze. "Calm down Niklaus, what's the problem?" Elijah questioned and Niklaus glared.

"Mate." Was the only word he got out in his rage. Elijah held him in place, trying to calm him.

"We can't make a scene here, we'll break her out later Niklaus, we'll pack everything, travel away so you can keep her safe. She will need a lot of help if she is as crazy as these papers say." He said handing them to Niklaus. "She doesn't make sense when she speaks, muttering on about her visions, and what the stars say. It took 4 days for them to get her to say her name."

"I don't care, I will take care of her brother, I love her already." He said sincerely, making Elijah smile.

"I love you too puppy!" They both looked back at the girl to see she was staring at the water. "400 more years the doppelganger will evade you, she will bring back your beast, and I shall bring back your humanity." She spoke making him smile slightly. The moment was cut short however as a large orderly slapped her across the face, making Niklaus attempt to run in. He was cut off by his brother, who held him struggling in his arms. "No puppy!" She yelled and his head snapped up to see her looking right into his eyes, never looking away. "Look to the stars, they will guide you. The light of day is your enemy." Elijah started pulling him away as she was lowered toward the water. All they could hear were her screams as they exited the building.