Chapter 26: 6 Month Scan

A/N: Hey guys. I'm sorry haven't posted a new chapter in a few days, my father had a burial so was constantly surrounded by family that I didn't get time to write/finish this chapter. I'm aiming at finishing this by chapter 30, that's kind of why I've skipped a few months into character pregnancy, any thoughts if Jimmy and character should have a boy or girl? Let me know! <3

The next few months of married life was abit stressful. People always say when you're married things change or feel different to when the person was a boyfriend/girlfriend, they were not wrong.

I loved Jimmy with all my heart, not only was he my husband, but also my soul mate, best friend and my rock.

I was currently around the 6 month pregnancy mark, today we were going for a scan just to keep check on everything. I had a ton of maternity clothes donated to me by Higgins' wife, I was so thankful for because maternity clothes are really expensive.

I cooked dinner for us both, chicken salad with some fresh potatoes. Mayo wasn't allowed in the house due to Jimmy's disgust of it, he always refers to it as looking like pus. "That was delicious" Jimmy said placing his knife and fork down on the plate and taking a sip of water, "It would have been nice with a little mayonnaise" I smirked. Jimmy pulled a disgusted face, "Ew! That's so gross!" he did his Sara voice, I chuckled sipping my own water, "I love that skit" I smiled. Jimmy winked, "Maybe we could do our own personal skit one night" Jimmy stood and walked to the kitchen with our plates, "That sounds interesting! Always wanted to play strip poker!" I chuckled behind him, "Lets play tonight then!" Jimmy said placing the dishes in the machine.

"Uh Jimmy?" I pointed to my bump.

Jimmy chuckled, "It's only gonna be me and you!"

Hospital;
At the hospital, I was laying down on the couch with a gown on ready to have my scan, "I'm so nervous" I chuckled nervously, Jimmy took my hand in his and entwined our fingers. "Everything is going to be okay honey!" Jimmy reassured me. The previous scans were great, the heart beat is steady. We decided to keep the sex of the baby a surprise until it was born.

The woman with a white coat walked in with a smile and a clipboard hugged to her chest, "Good afternoon" she said in a cheery voice. "Is this your first pregnancy?" she asked examining my notes from the clipboard. Jimmy squeezed my hand tighter, "Yes it is" I managed to put on a smile even though my insides were jumping about with nerves. "Excellent, it looks like the baby is extremely healthy going by your past scans and notes" she placed the clipboard down and moved my gown up and placing a towel in my lap, then I felt a cold squirt of what looked and felt like jelly, "Ah! I whimpered in surprise by the coldness of it. The woman smiled and turned off the lights, me and Jimmy both looked intently at the screen when she put the machine on my stomach moving it around. In the room you can hear the baby's heartbeat. My own heartbeat was beating through my ears. The baby looked quite small still but still had a lot of growing to do.

The lights went on and got changed back into my normal clothes. The woman put the scan inside a card for us to take home, I was already making a photo album with my scan photos. I wanted to capture everything I possibly could.

"Well I am very happy to inform you that the baby is still very healthy, Congratulations" she smiled. Jimmy shook hands with her first before saying a quiet "thanks" and I shook her hand thanking her.

On the way to the truck Jimmy placed his arm around my shoulder, "well we still have strip poker to get back to" he chuckled. I chuckled nervously, I did think he was kinda joking about that. "We are really doing that?" I ask putting on my seatbelt, "Yeah absolutely!" Jimmy turned the engine on and then driving us back home. In a way I was abit excited, but also nervous. My body was changing each month of my pregnancy. I no longer had my flat stomach or non swollen feet and my breasts were getting bigger, and tender. We haven't had much of a love life since our wedding day, so it made me anxious what he will say or think of me tonight.