Chapter 19: Doctor's Office

FF 2 months;
Another morning of being sick in the bathroom. I think I was coming down with something.

Today was like any other day for me lately, feeling sick then being sick. I had finished drinking a coffee at Jimmy's place. The coffee had a funny taste to it, "Ugh did you change the milk?" I asked Jimmy placing my cup down on the counter island in the kitchen. Jimmy raised an eyebrow, "No? Its the same milk we've always used"

Weird I thought to myself. "Its probably just me coming down with something" I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince Jimmy or myself. I knew something was wrong. I had been getting headaches and feeling sick most of the time. "Want me to make an appointment with my doc?" Jimmy offered. I nodded yes, sat down on the stool and folded my arms across my chest.

The doctor called me into his office on time. If it was my regular doctor I would still be waiting in 20 minutes. "Good morning Miss, please take a seat" the dr was tall, thin with also brown eyes. Jimmy couldn't come with me because he had some things to do with his parents. It's probably just a flu anyway, I kept telling myself. I sat down down in a chair in front of his desk and waited an awkward few seconds as the doctor was typing something into his computer. "So, what can I do for you?" he asked politely.

"Well the last week or so I've been feeling quite awful" I said shyly placing my bag down on the floor between my feet.

"What symptoms have you been experiencing?" he asks writing something down on some paper

"I've been experiencing extreme nausea, headaches, fatigue, tiredness, sickness and cramping" I was quietly tapping my foot on the floor.

"Can I ask you to lay down on the examination table so I can examine you" he stood up and pointed towards the examination table. I nodded and walked to the table.

Rolling my jumper up slightly, I undid the button and zip to my jeans and rolled them over once, the doctor pressed his hands on my stomach, causing me to wince. "Are you alright?" the doctor asked, I chuckled slightly, "Your hands are cold" I saw the doctor smile

After examining me I was told to sit back down in the chair.

"I think I know what the problem is dear" the doctor said typing into his computer once again. "Oh?" I asked eager to know myself if I have a flu or something.

"Yes, you're pregnant" he said smiling at me.

I sat in shock for a few moments, "I am?" I just wanted to be sure I heard him correctly.

"Mhm. Now I've made an appointment for you to take a scan on Monday. This will determine how far along you are. Any plans what you would like to do regarding the baby?"

I thought about it, I was sure Jimmy would agree, "I would like to keep it" I smiled.

I couldn't believe all this time of having sickness and cramping that I was actually carrying a baby, Jimmy's baby. I couldn't wait to see him later and tell him hopefully the good news.