Chapter 4: Guessing Game

Gaara followed the girls like a lost puppy, trailing after them. The girls weren't paying attention to him; at least that's what he though. Gaara didn't mind however. He was trying to understand Hinata.

She was always stuttering whenever she spoke, but when she was singing, she didn't. Gaara, who had limited musical contact, thought that she had a great voice. Hinata was definitely better than Temari at least. As Kankuro had said, a dying bird would be a better singer than Temari. Then Temari would turn around and hit Kankuro half-way across Suna. This happened regularly. Kankuro never learned his lesson.

As Gaara was so absorbed in his thoughts, he didn't see that Hinata was blushing and watching him out of the corner of her eyes. He had heard her sing, something that no one had ever heard her do. And acted as if was a natural thing to do. Did he hear the words? More importantly, did he figure out who she was singing about? Somewhere, in the back of her mind, she felt like she wanted him to understand. But, she didn't want him to tell anyone. That would be more than she could handle.

"Here's the place I was telling you about!" Ino said happily, pointing it out.

Everyone turned to look at it. It looked like a rather normal tea shop. It wasn't painted pink or purple like the last place Ino had showed them. That place had been unbearable. Sakura, Hinata, Tenten, and Temari still had nightmares about it. They liked girly, all accept for Tenten, but she did have a feminine side. The store had been TOO much.

"It looks nice. What do you think Tenten?" Sakura said.

"Yeah. Temari?"

"Sure. Hinata, what do you think?"

"W-why n-not?" Hinata stuttered out. Why not? "G-Gaara-s-sama?" Gaara-sama

"What?" Gaara had heard his name and looked up. Everyone was looking at him.

"Don't bother asking him, Hinata," Temari said. "He doesn't have a choice in the matter."

"W-Why d-doesn't he?" Hinata asked, doing that weird finger movement.

"Temari's baby-sitting him," the other girls chorused.

"Let's go in then, shall we?" Temari asked, leading the way over to the door.

0oo0oo0oo0oo0

The six of them sat in a pale celadon room while a serving girl wearing blue robes placed a teapot and cups in front of them. They were in one of the private rooms, since they wished to have peace. It was apparently a very popular teashop. The front of the shop had been packed full of gawking people. Most of them had been teenage girls eyeing the red headed murderer. Instantly, Temari had requested a private room, no questions asked. Even now the serving girl was eyeing Gaara. Gaara was, of course, ignoring the girl. He wouldn't notice most girls unless they were trying to kill him.

Gaara's attention was on the indigo haired girl sitting across from him. Even though she was looking down, Hinata felt the piercing stare. Glancing up, her lavender eyes met his crystal turquoise ones. Hinata felt her breath catch in her throat and her face heated up. Immediately, she ducked her head down again, shadowy locks hiding her face from view. Gaara kept watching her intently. She was so fascinating.

The disgruntled serving girl left, glowering at Hinata. Hinata didn't notice, however. She was still trying to cool down her face and catch her breath.

"Hinata, since you're closest, would you pour the tea?" Tenten asked the younger girl kindly.

"O-of c-c-course," Hinata replied. Of course.

Hinata stood up and picked up the china teapot with one hand and moved around the table, pouring it into her friends' cups. Hinata felt her face flush as she neared the Kazekage, who was still watching her. Using extra caution, Hinata poured him some tea and started to move away. But, Gaara grabbed her wrist with one hand and with the other took the teapot from her.