17

" Hello Ashton . It's good to see you again. " Alison replied with a smile.

" You knew we were following you? " Ashton asked.

" Yes I did. "

" Then why did you... " but he was cut off in the middle.

" I heard you had a visitor this afternoon. "

" How do you know about it ? " Jason interrupted.

" Maybe because I was the one who sent her to you . " Ashton raised an eyebrow. So their doubts were right. It was a set up.

" But why? Haven't you already fed us with enough lies? " he growled angrily.

" I didn't say she was lying. " Alison replied.

" So are you trying to say that whatever the woman told was true ? "

" Yes it was. " she replied looking down.

" And you want me to believe that? "

" Ashton you didn't ask me one question? " she replied hesitantly.

" And what is that? "

" Why did I send her to you in the first place? " Ashton raised an eyebrow.

" Definitely you have some fucked up plan in your mind. " he snapped at her.

" Or maybe I'm tired of living this lie." Ashton gave her a confused look.

" What do you mean? "

" Katherine is Adriana. " she replied looking into his eyes.

" Well glad you finally decided to enlighten us. But we already know it." He snapped at her.

" And you know it because Nina told you. " She snapped at him.

" Why are you telling this to us ? Don't you hate Ashton? " Jason interrupted trying to be the rational one.

" I still hate him . But I love my baby more. And I'm doing this for her. " She replied honestly.

" So why did you send her to us ? " Jason asked as he tried to study her face.

" Because I knew you would come after me. "

" So this was a trap? " Ashton growled.

" No Ashton it wasn't. I only wish to tell you the truth. "

" But why Alison? " Jason interrupted.

" I'm tired of all this. I can't live like this anymore. I can't live with this burden on my chest. You wanted to know the truth right Ashton? I'm ready to tell you everything."

" Then spill it. "

" So what do you want to know? "

" Why did you do it? Why did you keep her away from me ? "

" I didn't have a choice. "

" What do you mean you didn't have a choice? "

" I guess I better start explaining right from the beginning. " she sighed.

" I met Nicklaus when I was 18. He was my sister's fiance. But unfortunately on the day of the wedding, my sister left him in the alter saying that she didn't love him. My family had a deal with the Mickelsons and if at any cost the deal breaks my family would be bankrupted. So they did one thing that they felt was right. They got me married to him." she paused and looked at them .

"I thought maybe, just maybe we could find love in this marriage. But I was wrong. The only reason he married me was because he wanted revenge. And he made sure that every day of my life was miserable . But still I loved him. But he never did. As time passed I started giving up. And then one day I found a ray of hope. I found out that I was pregnant. "

" When I told him about it, he was so happy that he completely changed. Throughout my pregnancy he was so good to me that I thought my life would change forever. I thought he finally started loving me. But I was wrong. He never loved me. He was nice to me only because I was carrying his child. One day I overheard him speak to his father that once Adriana was born he would take her away and get rid of me. I was scared. I didn't want to loose my only hope of life. The day Adriana was born, I did one thing that I felt was right, I ran away. " she wiped her tears and continued.

" I left London with a promise I would never come back. But things didn't happen as planned. On the night of Adriana's accident Nicklaus showed up. I had no idea how he found us or he knew about the accident . He blamed me for her condition. He said I was not fit to be a mother. He was about to take her away from me. I was scared Ashton. I was scared that I would loose her forever. "

" Why was I kept away from her? " Ashton yelled in frustration.

" It was all his game Ashton. He wanted you out of her life. That's why he had sent Rita to you. And his plan did work, you did fall for his trap. But he didn't expect his plan to backfire. Due to her miscarriage Adriana had gone into coma. He didn't know what to do next. So he faked her death. That night Adriana was taken to London. And a fake funeral was planned to fool everyone. And everything went on as planned. He made everyone believe that Adriana was dead."

" For three long months my baby didn't wake up. Doctors had declared that she would never wake up. But they were wrong. She did wake up, but she didn't remember anything or anyone. And Nicklaus took advantage of the situation. He renamed her as Katherine and fed her with lies. He made her believe that we were a happy family. He made sure that she would never get her memories back. "

" What do you mean? " Jason interrupted.

" He has been giving her wrong medicines from almost a year. I don't think she would ever remember anything about her past again. " she added the last statement softly.

Ashton couldn't believe what he had just heard. His Adriana would never remember him. No! That can't be happening. He wouldn't let it happen. He would not let Nicklaus ruin any more lives.

" Yes she will. I will make sure she does. I promise you Alison I will make her remember everything. I love her Alison and I will do anything for her. "

" Just because I told you the truth, it doesn't mean I want you in her life. You have to prove that you deserve her. " And with that she walked out of the room without giving them a second glance.

" What are you going to do next? " Jason asked hesitantly.

" I wil make her fall in love with me again . " he replied with a new determination in his eyes.