Chapter 14

We stopped and Thomas looked around the corner to section 7. "Okay Chuck." He pulled out the Griever part and handed it to Chuck. "Stay behind us and get the door open." Chuck looked worried. "Stacey, remember the code?" I nodded my head.

"Just stay with me." I told him. He nodded.

"Okay. Ready?" Thomas looked at us all.

"Yeah." Everyone answered and Thomas ran forward. There was a Griever waiting. The boys charged it and Chuck and I ran inside to the hole. The other boys fought off the Grievers while Chuck and I opened the door that we thought is the exit. We more hoped it was the exit. 

Float
Catch
Bleed
Death
Stiff
Push

I typed in the code as fast as possible. "Now what?" I yelled.

"Push the button!" Chuck said. I pushed the red button and a door opened slowly. 

"Thomas, I got it!" I called to him. The gladers slowly backed up and the two doors started to shut. Crushing Grievers as they come.

"Woah." Newt said.

"I know."

"Are we sure?" Chuck looked around.

"I promised you I would get you home, didn't I Chuck? Well this may be that way. Come on." Thomas said. We all walked through and looked around. We were in a dark hallway, but it seemed that if someone knew we were in there when the lights suddenly came on. I could feel someone beside me and he grabbed my hand. I looked to my left and it was Newt. He squeezed my hand and gave me a smile. As if he was trying to say he's proud of me.

"Now what?" Zart asked.

"Um, this way I think?" Thomas said.

"You think? Shank we ain't got time for thinking. You need to know." Frypan said.

"Come on." Thomas said and everyone followed him. About 200 feet away there was a door, with an 'exit' sign about it.

"Really?" Frypan said what everyone was thinking. Everyone laughed.

"Do it Thomas." Minho said. Thomas reached for the door knob and turned it. He pushed the door open.

There was no one there, well no one that was living. Everyone seemed to be dead or have left the scene. We walked through another door and there was a bunch of machines. Everyone started to look around. "We're finally out." Newt walked behind me and said to me. Startling me. "Sorry." I laughed a little.

"We are."

"It's because of you. You helped lead Minho and Thomas here."

"I guess." I looked down at the ground.

"You did Stacey. You have helped us all so much since you've been here. Yeah, you did work with the creators, but that doesn't matter anymore." I smiled.

"Thanks Newt." I smiled.

"Can I tell you something?" We both said at the same time.

"You first." He told me. I looked at him and smiled.

"When you guys found me in the Maze, you were the first person I met. The nicest person. You showed me around, told me everything I needed to know, you got me the job as a Runner." A smile started to form on his face. "You've been a really good friend and I just wanted to say..." I paused for a minute.

"Yeah?" Newt said.

"I realized that I care about you, like a lot. You mean so much to me Newt."

"Want to know something?" He asked me. I bit my lip and nodded. "I feel the same way about you. Since I first saw you I had this feeling, it was a feeling I've never experienced. I got jealous when you would spend so much time with Thomas or Minho." A smile grew on my face. We stood there in silence for what seemed like forever until he grabbed my face. He pulled me into a soft, sweet kiss. 

"Hey love birds." Minho came over to us. "Come on. Let's get out of here." Newt and I looked at each other before we headed back to the group.