Chapter 13

*Stacey's POV*

"Our new Greenie here is a smart one." Minho said, "and I've decided you're a runner now."

"Really?" I started to smile. 

"Yeah."

"Thank you!" I jumped and hugged him. 

"Okay shank. Let's go let Alby know." I nodded and Minho and I headed off to go find him. We came across him eating dinner with the Med-Jacks.

"Hey shanks. How was Greenies day as a Runner?" Newt looked up us.

"Surprisingly good. I want her to become an official Runner."

"What?" He asked, surprised. 

"We want her to be a Runner. She probably just found our way out."

"Call a gathering. We have to run this by the other keepers." Minho nodded. "Greenie, you'll be there." I nodded to confirm. 

"Come on Greenie. Let's go." All the keepers, including me, gathered in the hall.

"Why are we here?" Clearly Gally was annoyed, especially with me being here. 

"Minho here thinks green bean should be a runner." Newt explained. Alby had to go back to the Med-Jack to get his sting checked out, but they say he's getting better.

"Woah, what?" Gally stepped in. "We can't let her do that!"

"She possibly found our way out Gally." Minho glared at him.

"What if it's a trap? You heard what Henry said about her. She can't be trusted."

"I think she should do it." Newt said and the other keepers agreed. Gally made a face of anger. "Gally, like Minho said she possibly found our way out."

"But we all also heard what that shank Henry said." Gally said. He pointed at me, "he said she's one of them."

"We don't know that for sure Gally."

"Do whatever you shanks please." Gally stormed out. Newt and I exchanged a look.

"It's officially, Stacey will start her day as a runner tomorrow. If any one has a problem you take that up with me. Leave the Greenie out." I smiled at what Newt said. "Everyone may go."

I walked outside with Minho and Newt. "Congrats Stacey, you've got the job you wanted."

"Thanks Newt."

"And because of you, we may finally find our way out." Minho hugged me.

"Thanks guys. Without you two I wouldn't be a Runner."

"No problem." Newt and Minho said together.

"See you in the morning greenie." Minho walked away.

"You happy Stace?" I nodded.

"Thank you Newt. Because of you I get to be a runner."

"It wasn't just me. Obviously Minho sees something in you and has faith in you to find our way out. Don't let us down."

"I won't. I never said I knew, but I think I possibly did find it." We both laughed. "I guess we'll find out tomorrow."

"Yeah." He looked at me. "Can I be honest with you?"

*Newt's POV*

I looked at Stacey. "Can I be honest with you?"

"Yeah." I was planning on telling her how I feel, but then Thomas interrupted us.