Chapter Two

I walked in the hallway, scanning, trying to look for someone to be my friend. But all I saw was everyone in their own posse- along with a few people at their lockers.

Checking my iPhone, I saw it was 7:02 AM. School starts at 7:15- which means I have enough time t make a friend.

I cautiously approached a girl, who had jet black hair covering her face, as she looked down at her phone.

"Hey-" I began, as she snapped her head up. Irritation coated her crystal blue eyes, as a choker was tightened around her neck. "Beat it." She snarled, and I took a step back, bumping into someone.

"Seriously?" Someone strained.

"Sorry!" I said, bending down, picking up their stack of journals. The name Lilly was sprawled across the front of every journal, and I stood up to hand it to the person.

"Sorry Lilly-" I cut myself off, taking in the person's appearance. A teenage guy, maybe around my age, was cocking his head to the side. His shaggy jet black hair went perfectly with his chocolate brown eyes. I held onto the journals. "Wait," I said slowly. "Your name is Lilly?" I stifled a laugh, as the guy laughed.

"No." He spat. "My name is none of your business. And Lilly is my girlfriend." He added, smugly.

I rolled my eyes, handing him his books. "Sure. And I have a zebra I painted to look like a candy cane." I said seriously, and Lilly rolled his eyes.

"Don't believe me?" He scoffed. I stared blankly at him.

"No. I seriously went ahead and painted a zebra at the zoo when I was seven. I fit through the bars." I informed him, and he rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm out." He rolled his eyes, leaving.

"Wait!" I called after him. "Does this mean we're friends?" He was gone before he could reply, and I sighed.

"Whatever. I'm too awesome for you anyways." I muttered to myself. I scampered off to my class.

~

"I'm free!" I screamed at no one in particular, jumping out of my seat. Yes, jumping. Which caused my desk to fall to the floor- causing the many things on it to fall.

I bit my lip, looking up at the teacher- Mr. Mendes. "Just .." He paused. "Just go." He finished, waving it off with a grunt. I gathered my things, leaving the toppled desk on it's side.

"I hope you remember me, one more kiss is all it takes. I'll leave you with the memory of the after taste," I murmured the song lyrics, scanning the crowd of students.

As they dispersed, I noticed a certain face in the crowd. Yep, the one and only, Lilly. He was standing at his locker.

"Bro!" I run up to him, screaming in his ear. He winced, stumbling a bit backwards.

"What the heck?" He seethed, glaring at me.

"How are ya doing Lilly?" I give him a lopsided smile, and he groans, turning back to his locker.

"For the last time, my name isn't Lilly." He complained.

"Then what-"

"Don't bother." He cut me off, rolling his eyes. "I don't even know you."

"Then get to know me." Lilly slammed his locker shut, staring at me. He cocked his head to the side. He gave me a glare.

"I'll never-"

"Hi Fern," A girl walked up to us.

"Dammit," Fern muttered, I stared at him, squinting my eyes. Momets passed, before I bursted into a laughing fit.

"F-Fern? Your name is Fern?" I gasped for air.

"It's not that bad." He muttered.

"Who's this?" The girl asked, and I looked at her.

She had jet black hair, accompanied with eyes that reminded me of dark chocolate. She was lean, probably a runner.

"I'm Lilly. I go by my middle name, though. You can call me Bea." She greeted me.

"I'm-"

"Just leaving." Fern finished for me, and I scowled.

"Hush, Plant-Man. Let me make a friend." I said, cheerfully. Fern grunted.

"I'm Sierra. Nice to meet-"

I was cut off by Bea, as she gave me a hug.

"Dang, chica. You're a hugger." I said cheerfully, as she pulled away. "Wanna be friends?" I questioned, biting my lip. Bea smirked.

"Depends. Will you binge-watch Iron Man 1, 2, and 3 with me?" She questioned, and I snorted.

"Need you ask? It's Iron Man, for crying out loud!" I exclaim, and Fern rolls his eyes.

"C'mon, Lilly," Fern said sweetly to Bea. "We have to be somewhere." Bea rolled her eyes.

"Caio," she said, before walking off with Fern. Ha! Fern.

"See ya around!" I yelled.

Oh.. But little did I know..