Chapter 2.

Shawn's POV-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing in my ear. Another day, another concert. I was excited to see what Minneapolis had in store for me tonight, and I always love meeting and performing for my beautiful fans.

I got out of bed and opened the blinds, exposing my giant hotel suite to the warmth of the sun.

I quickly hopped into the shower, and the warm water felt soothing to my skin. I breathed in the steam from the hot water and it helped to clear out my throat. But I couldn't forget about brushing my teeth, and I can't start or end my day without doing so.

I shuffled out of my room and began pounding on my bodyguard, John's door. His head poked out from behind the door and stepped out signaling that we were ready to go.

The hotel we were staying at provided us with a full breakfast buffet, and that's what I was looking forward to most when coming here. We walked down the line of silver trays, and piles upon piles of food waiting for us inside of them.

Pancakes? No.

Waffles? No.

French toast? No.

Tomato omelette? I gagged.

But as I continued down the line with an empty plate, I saw the love of my life. Fresh baked chocolate chip muffins were being placed inside a tray by a worker. I grabbed as many that could fit on my plate and quickly headed towards the drinks. I always think it's better to have a light breakfast on the day of a concert.

I thought my maroon hoodie and black sunglasses would block out my face and make myself unnoticeable to the public, but that theory was quickly proven wrong.

"Shawn!!" she yelped attempting to catch my attention.

I appreciate and love every single one of my fans so I speed walked over to her stretching my arms out wide and embracing her tightly.

"Grace." she told me as she wouldn't let go for her life.

"Shawn." I replied.

"Nice to meet you Shawn." she giggled.

I took a quick picture with her, talked to her for a while, and we went our separate ways. She was supposed to be going to the concert tonight, so maybe I can pick her out in the crowd.

We exited the hotel after finishing our breakfast and we're ready for sound check.

The sun beamed down on my face, as we stepped into the limousine and a rush of adrenaline shot through my body. I was so pumped!

When we arrived at the sound check, the first thing I always do is drink a ton of water. For me, it helps to clear my voice up and it hydrates me. We started with Something Big followed by Life of the Party. All was going well, and my voice was feeling great. I was able to hit the higher notes in a perfect tune, and my deeper voice was good too.

I have never been more excited and anxious about a concert before, and I just knew that this was going to be a memorable one. Performing for people that support me is a dream come true, and I would never be close to here without my fans.

The fans were supposed to be let into the auditorium in about 4 hours, but it felt like that time dragged on forever.

Before every concert, I always feel nervous yet very prepared, and I plan out what to do and what to sing beforehand. In most of my concerts the crowd goes silent as I sing without a microphone and without any instruments playing, and it is a very special moment to me because it reflects on how far I have come.

There could be completely different types of crowds at my concerts, and I never know what to expect out of them. I could have fans who yell after every song, or fans who yell during the entire show. But no matter how big, small, loud, or quiet the crowd was, I still appreciated each and every person who came.

Walking off stage, I began to follow the path as my bodyguard had instructed me to which would lead me to about 50 screaming fans, impatiently waiting to wrap their arms around me. As I neared the corner to where everyone was, the screams started in a domino effect. One girl would see me and would start screaming which would catch the attention of the next girl who would also scream. The loud yelling strangely pleasures me.

I stuck both of my sweaty hands in the air and waved, while being swarmed with loud noises around me.

The first girl in line was bawling her eyes out, and as she stepped up to me she handed me a box of muffin mix and a letter that I will surely read later. We talked for a minute and took a picture, then moved onto the next fan. This continuous cycle lasted for about 20 minutes, and I was nearing the end of the line.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU'RE SHAWN MENDES! YOU ARE REAL!" she cried out. Those are what I call super fans. Though appreciated, they are the strangest people I meet. I think they know more about me then I know about me. I chuckled.

I took a picture with her and was ready for the next fan. Before even seeing who it was, we took a picture in front of the Handwritten backdrop. After the picture, I looked to see who the mysterious blonde haired figure was. I looked into her eyes and...

Her eyes.

I grasped her tightly, holding her for as long as I could, feeling a warm and comforting sensation.

I felt something. Something I have never felt in a long time. A connection. Girls like these come and go, and I cannot lose this one. There was something amazing that went on between us, and I couldn't explain it.

"What's your number?" I quietly whispered, face palming in my head for what I just asked. What was I thinking?

She noticed a small post it note sitting on the side of a table, which I used in case fans didn't bring anything for autographs. Picking it up, she wrote down her number, and walked away as if nothing had happened.

But later it was that I would find out something did happen.

The concert eventually began, and I couldn't get this girl off of my mind. Though I had a job to do, I searched for her endlessly in the crowd. No where to be seen.

"And the crowd came, and pulled you away. And then you were gone. And I don't even know your name. All I remember is that smile on your face. And it'll kill me everyday, cause I don't even know your name."

This song meant something different to me. It was a perfect summary of what had just happened, and I thought about the way she looked at me throughout the whole concert.

After the concert, I quickly pulled out my phone and typed her number in my contacts.

"Hey, it's Shawn ;)!" I typed.

I couldn't.

I wasn't ready yet. It was way to soon. I deleted the message and put my phone away. Tonight was a different kind of night.