Epilogue

Serenno

After 3 weeks, Grievous returned to the place which he left to finish the Hutt Empire. So much had passed since then, so many thoughts crossed him. It was night on the lush planet of the Count, but the repaired cyborg knew the Sith Lord was awaiting him. He would have been ready to enter his quarters and announce that the Jedi will pay for what they had done... but now, he was unsure of it. The General exited his shuttle and two magnaguards appeared , waiting to escort him to the Palace. The landing pad was not that far, but Grievous knew this was only a formality, and he could handle whatever beast or assassin may cross him. While taking his large clanking steps, Grievous was thinking about what the ghost from Kalee told him. He was being played... that notion along with Dooku's misterious smirk before the General landed on his homeworld made him questions his masters. How did the Republic knew... so many questions. He stopped dumbfounded. He was just a general... doing all the work while Dooku was discussing plans with Sidious, plans which they barely shared with him. He clenchted his fists angry. Letting a low growl, he almost sprinted towards the palace. After reaching the main door, he pushed them aside with such force that they almost broke the walls. Dooku, at the end of the hall turned his head around, raising an eyebrow.
'General... glad you have finally arrived from your endeavour.
The General continue to walk towards him, barely keeping his anger in check. He didn't kneel as expected which made the Count frown intrigued.
'I have heard about what happened on Kalee. What a great achievment, to defeat both masters Kenobi and Windu! I think I would barely manage that too!the old man complimented him, trying to easen his nervous stance.
His words however, had the opposite reaction. Grievous threw his hands in the air very angry and shouted:
'I have lost MY only daughter because of them! They are lucky to be damn alive!
He growled and stopped himself from a cough. Dooku was surprised by his words. He wasn't expecting his lackey to have such... bearings.
'But you knew, old man! You knew they were coming, but you didn't warn me!
He snarled at him threatening. Dooku frowned more visibly with a tint of anger in his eyes.
'You had to be taught a lesson... for sparing Master Shaak Ti.
'It was unnecessary! He took a moment of silence before continuing: I would leave your idiotic cause right now! But I can't kill those murderers without an army.
Dooku raised his hand ready to shock him, furious. Grievous saw it coming and blocked the lighting with a blue lightsaber.
'How dare you! You are the Supreme Commander of the CIS until you are not needed anymore!
'No, I am the General of the Droid Army until I deem so!
Dooku stopped. He wanted to kill Grievous right away for his impunities, but he restored his calm stance. Sidious needed him.
'Very well... do what you want. I need you to lead a fleet in the Ilum System.
'Any reason why to attack that forsaken planet?
'Yes, you may actually enjoy it...he said sarcastically. Jedi get their crystals from that snowy planet. I want you to conquer it.
'How amusing... I preffer to take lightsabers from my dead enemies, not prevent them from creation.
'You shall go there now! After that, my master will have a special mission for you. The end of the war is coming, General. Try to be on the winning side...
Grievous chuckled amused and turned his back , his dark cape flustering behind his bulky torso. He exited annoyed the palace, and a droid appeared to his side. He was keeping a datapad in his hand. His metallic voice sounded in the cyborg's antennas:
'General! I have the ...
Grievous blew the machine's head away with his fist.
'I don't need stupid advisors... he mumbled to himself while walking towards his shuttle.

The Jedi Temple

On the other side of the Galaxy, in the tower of the High Jedi Council... Yoda smiled warmly at the returned Master.
'Much happiness, you pressence brings me, Master Ti.
'Thank you, Master Yoda. It is good to be back here.
On their seats, Mace Windu and Obi-Wan were standing with a bit of a frown on their faces. While they were recovering from their wounds, Grievous escaped and they knew Shaak Ti made it possible.
'A shame, General Grievous has escaped.
'It was unfortunate. However, I must critizice your attack on Kalee.
Mace Windu widened his eyes surprised.
'It was a succesfull operation. Capturing Grievous, freeing you...
Shaak Ti scowlded at him and interrupted him:
'I wasn't freed by you. I was never a prisoner.
Obi-Wan rolled his eyes and remained quiet.
'Dark times, these are. But hope, gather we must. Pushed back, the Seperatists are.
'Indeed, their pressence was swept out of the Mid and Inner Rim. We just got word that Skywalker conquered Cato Neimoidia and made Viceroy Gunray flee to his masters!Ki-Adi Mundi informed them.
'These victories, curious they seem. Caution, we must be. The enemy is preparing.
'Until the war comes to an end, the Council has decided to assign you to Kamino. Mace Windu announced Shaak Ti.
'Very well.
'It is finished then.