Chapter 6

Grievous was hiding behind the corner of the corridor. He was staying sticked to the wall, quiet , with his antennas listening. Shaak Ti was behind him, her tiny frame enlarged by the General's gift. They had been walking cautiously through the sewers for some hours now, and at last they finally found an exit back to the surface. Grievous caught a sound coming from the closed door. He looked at Shaak Ti and signaled her to stay put. The snorkeling of a gamorreans soon revealed the threat and Grievous casually walked to him, and slashed his fat belly. The guard fell down, dead within seconds.
'Finally...
Shaak Ti followed Grievous as he re-entered the Hutt palace. The area seemed awfully empty. No more bounty hunters or slaves or... anything.
'If you see a magnaguard, make sure you tell me before attacking it.
'Why?
'They are loyal only to me. They don't listen to Dooku or other commanders. Once I found them, they can better protect you.
While walking, they found a storage room. Grievous remembered why he wasn't wearing his cloak, so he checked the quarter. After smashing some crates, he found some clothing in a special box.
'Shaak Ti...
The Jedi Master entered the small room and looked at Grievous.
'It would be best if you wear something on you. While seeing a Jedi humiliated like this is satisfing, I don't think you deserve it. Be quick. I'll wait outside.
'You aren't that emotionless my Order thinks you are. Thank you very much.
'Oh, you'll see I have strong emotions! And hatred and fury aren't the only ones.
He closed the door and leaned on the wall with his arms crossed. The cyborg didn't have to wait long to hear a sound. But it wasn't Shaak Ti. A group of white-armored soliders appeared from the other side of the corner. Clones.
'It's General Grievous! Shoot him!
The General growled. He ignited two lightsabers and jumped above while the clones shooted. He landed on one and swinged his weapons across the others. In a blink of an eye, all of them were laying dead, scorched by the lightsaber. Another sound made Grievous rise his weapons but he saw Shaak Ti exit the storage room. She looked confused around, searching the General, until she saw the corpses. She frowned.
'Are those clones, General?
'They were indeed. It seems your Republic attacked the planet. And already landed.
'I am afraid the clones can't see me. They will report to the Chancellor.
'Good. Now I can kill them with your approval!
Grievous laughed darkly while Shaak Ti just sighed. She didn't like the idea , but convincing the cyborg to knock out the clones would have been almost impossible.
'You certainly enjoy mayhem...
Grievous nodded and pointed at the way the clones came from.
'I think that's the way.
'I remember this place. We are close to Tabarous private quarters.
'How do you...
Then Grievous just snarled furious.
'Lead the way to that slime!
'Gladly.
They both ran through a few rooms where bodies laid on the floor. The clones did their job in killing the pirates. After a while, they reached the entrance to the Hutt's lounge. Grievous was surprised to see a magnaguard fighting 5 clones in the front of the door. He charged at them and sliced them like meat. The magnaguard bowed before his master.
'My lord.
The deep cold voice of the droid made the General feel more relaxed.
'My lord! A Jedi!
The magnaguard jumped at Shaak Ti and tried to hit her with his electrostaff but she dodged the sudden attack.
'Stop!
Grievous shouted angrily.
'She is not an enemy! Treat her as an ally. An indispensable ally.
The magnaguard just nodded respectfully. He helped Shaak Ti rise from the floor.
'My lady.
'Strange bodyguards you have.
'They make my job killing your kind much easier.
Shaak Ti stared at him dissaproving. The cyborg returned it with an awkward silence.
'We should get going...
Shaak Ti scowled at him and opened the door.
However, this time, there were 30 clones there with a Jedi in front. All of them turned back to face the General. Shaak Ti recognized the face of Obi-Wan. So did Grievous who opened his lightsabers. Still, nobody made a move. The Jedi Master was curious to see the Togruta Master along with Grievous so he allowed her to explain. Shaak Ti gave Grievous a glance of reassurance before she said:
'Master Kenobi, there is no need for violence.
'Oh, I won't dissagree with you on that matter. I was wondering where Grievous would be since his fleet was leaderless. General, you are surrounded.
The General was quickly enlarged by all the clones pointing blasters at him. The magnaguard was waiting for his master's orders.
'Surrender and you will face trial on Coruscant.
'I am sure the General will comply...
Shaak Ti tried to send Grievous a signal that he may escape when given the oportunity. Grievous sheeted his lightsabers.
'Take his weapons.
'I am a weapon, Jedi scum...
He laughed but his comment was soon ended by a cough. The magnaguard gave his staff away calmly.
'I am surprised to see you in his company, master Ti.
'It is a long story but the Hutt is awaiting us on the other side of the door. Let's deal with him first.
'Alright. We'll discuss later. Cody, proceed. Close the door behind though.
'Scared that I will escape, Kenobi?
'You could say that. You have a talent for that.
'Arghhh!
Grievous rose his fist furious.
'I would kill you right now... but I want to see the Hutt dead more. Give me a weapon, Jedi.
'Are you crazy, General? You could backstab us.
Cody was almost finished with opening the door by the computer attached to the wall. The Togruta Master approached Obi-Wan and whispered:
'It is alright, Obi-Wan. He won't attack us.
'Why do you trust him, Master Ti?
'I can't say right now. Just do it.
'Fine.
He threw a hilt at Grievous. He catched it masterfully.
The door opened and the sight of the Hutt appeared.
'Republic! Dako, where are you?
The clones entered cautiously the huge room, with their blasters pointed at him.
'Hi there, Tabarous.
'Jedi fools! Do you think you have won?
'Well..you aren't quite in a victorious position, Hutt!Obi-Wan joked around.
'Huhuhuhu...
Ray shields suddenly surrounded the squad along with Obi-Wan. Grievous picked the signal and pushed Shaak Ti away.
'You two again! When did the Jedi ally with a separatist droid?! Guards!
20 gamorreans revealed themselves from hidden doors and surrounded Grievous.
'I want the Jedi girl alive to my ship!
With that, the Hutt scurried away through a backdoor to his couch. The cyborg was assaulted immeadiately by the pig-men henchmen. He started cutting through them but he was forced to employ a more unorthodox style. Having just one lightsaber didn't help him though. He picked with the corner of the eye as Shaak Ti was being pushed into a door. He shouted:
'It's a trap, Jedi!
But the door opened and Shaak Ti was dragged away. Grievous snarled in fury and left himself be overcomed by rage. He turned into a hurricane of deadly lights and rend through the gamorreans. Their's squeels were heard in high pitched screams. In just a minute, all of them were dead, cut to pieces. Grievous was burning with rage silently. He calmed himself and analyzed the room.
'Good job, General. Now, if you would be so kind to deactivate the ray shield...
'Your troops can handle that, Kenobi. I have a ship to catch. And I don't mind not going to Coruscant either.
With that, Grievous sped into the direction the Hutt dissapeared. He broke the door and saw two gamorreans at the exit door to a platform. They wanted to attack him but they were too slow and the cyborg cut them in half while running outside. There, he saw as the Hutt entered the starship. His majordomo was waiting for him at the entrance. Grievous jumped high in the air, landing right behind Dako. He punched the Twi'lek hard in his back, sending him flying to the platform. But then, when he turned to enter the ship, a gamorreans charged into him and made him fall down, alongside Dako. The starship took height quickly and flew into space. The General growled, knowing his fleet was surely destroyed. He heard the Dako's moan of pain and he turned around hissing.
'Where are they going, filth?
'I... I don't know!
Grievous revealed all his arma and picked the majordomo with two while the others were clenched in fists. With one of them he pointed his finger at him threatening.
'Tell me where are they fleeing! Or you will suffer dearly!
'They... they are going... to ....
'Where?!
'Tabarous is... going to Makeb...
The reptilian eyes of the General sudennly didn't burn with rage and Dako thought he was safe from his wrath. Grievous stared at him then said in a sweet tone:
'Thank you!
'You.. you are welcome....
Grievous stabbed him in the chest the next second. He threw the body away and returned his four hands to two. His antennas picked the sound of clones coming. He had to leave. Lookind around, he saw some starfighters on the platform. He quickly jumped in the nearest and took flight. A few blaster shots were fired, but Grievous escaped.
'Looks like we lost him again...
'Sir, the Hutt's ship has jumped in Hyperspace!
Obi-Wan sighed dissapointed.
'Fine Cody. Let's go and report what happened. I'm sure the Councill will be interested...