THE BOSS

Today should be exciting!

I couldn't be more wrong..

It's been two days since I lied to Evi and the guilt was eating me up bit by bit!

She deserved to know...

I just didn't want to worry her without even knowing if I would get accepted or not.
I kept checking my mail for a reply from the university but nope.

The anticipation was killing me.

Oh well, it Sunday  which meant I get to go to the orphanage and play with the kids one last time.
I've always loved kids, had a soft corner for the orphaned kids.
Atleast I had Xavier and Evi, those poor kids didn't have anyone to love and care for them.
It's heart breaking to think they had none to call their own yet a smile always donned their innocent faces.

The orphanage wasn't far from where I lived, just a 15min bus ride away.
As I made my way down the street to catch the bus, I felt eyes on me.
I looked around but failed to notice anything other than the usual.

You know that weird feeling you get when you know someone is observing you but you can't seem to figure out who or for what?  Well that's how I was feeling....

Just when I thought the stares had died and everything seemed to be normal, a tall bald and very familiar man walked past me looking at me strangely or was it seriously?

Oh wait! Do I look funny??

I immediately looked down at my outfit. Black skinny jeans with a matching beige top and brown leather sandals with a matching handbag-nothing fancy but definatly not funny!

I quickly got in the bus but had to stand  in the apparently busy bus. I didn't really care because my journey wouldn't take so long anyway.

And there it goes again!

Again I could feel people observing me. I could just shrug it off thinking I'm being paranoid but curiosity got the best of me. I slowly turned around the bus trying to get a look at all the faces and see if I could recognize any.

My doubt proved true and the tall, bald guy I came across earlier was behind me along with another guy who was shorter and more built.

Then it clicked!

" Holy crap! These are the men I saw observing my house from across the road the other day! " I almost screamed.

Before  I could process what was happening around me, the two men had moved considerably close to me, my back almost touching one of their chests. But the  terrifying part was when I realized something was poking the small of my back- a GUN!

" Don't move sugar, unless u want a bullet in your body. " he whispered hoarsely into my ear.

I can't believe I had actually said that out loud!!!

I turned slightly back to see my captor properly. " Turn around " his icy breath and serious tone sent a chill down my spine.

It was not long before the two men ushered me down the bus and into a dark alley I wasn't familiar with while still pointing the gun at my back.

Fear crept into my mind, a certain type of fear I experienced before...
So many questions kept bothering me..
Who were they?
Why are they after me?
Would they harm me?
I had a strange feeling that if their intension was to harm me, they would have done so the other night itself.  But I didn't know if I should be relieved or scared because it didn't change the fact that a gun was pointed at me right then.

" I had planned this a bit differently actually, but since you have figured it out, I think it's time to take you to the BOSS to have a little chat. What say sugar? " 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Heyaa! 
Two updates on the same day! I told you I'll cover for the previous chapter.

Who's the BOSS your thinking?
Well..  You'll have to just wait to find out...
Hope you are enjoying the story so far...  Please do vote and comment, it encourages me to write further...
Xxx