“HE’S COMING. OH MY GOD. I’M ABOUT TO PUSH A BABY OUT MY VAGINA!” Ella screeched. Typical Ella, making everything ten times worse.

“Who’s about to push a baby out their vagina?” Lottie asked as she came into the living room.

“Prego here. MY WATERS BROKE. HE’S ABOUT TO BE BORN,” Ella continued screeching. She has a voice on her. Our son’s gonna have a hard time with her, especially when she’s mad.

   Dan grabbed his car and we all managed to pile into it, Ella in the front grasping for breath. Lottie had Shannon in her lap while Greg was stuck in the middle. I was holding onto Ella’s hand while she was squeezing the death out of them. I too wanted to scream out in pain with the way she was holding them. Greg just looked at me and wanted to laugh, I guess my face told a picture.

“Micky, this seems slimy,” Ella moaned.

“If you get gunk all over my car seats, I’ll kill you Ella,” Dan warned.

“Well, you best get it over with right now Dan because I have stuff flowing out my vagina like a freaking waterfall!” Ella screeched back.

“Word to the wise babe, don’t get on the wrong side of a girl who’s giving birth and in immense pain” Lottie said while patting Dan on the shoulder. He just looked awkward afterwards. I guess it was what Lottie said. Nothing’s ever easy.

   We arrived at the hospital and the nurses took Ella away on a bed. I wasn’t allowed with her because they had to make her comfortable and do numerous checks on her. I was scared but I knew she was in safe hands, although, it didn’t stop me from pacing back and forth in anticipation. I guess it comes naturally when everyone’s a first time dad, they worry and they pace. It’s certainly happening to me now.

“Micky, calm down and sit down. She’s in safe hands. Although, you might be best phoning Laurie and Austin along with your own parents. They’ll wanna know that their grandson’s about to be born”

“I can’t Lottie, I’m terrified in case they come out and tell me that something’s wrong or something”

“Micky, give us your phone and I’ll phone them. Just watch Shannon”

“Thanks Lottie”

“Micky, don’t sweat it. She’ll be fine, she’s in very safe hands,” She said while patting my shoulder before walking off. Shannon was one and a few months old now. She can slightly talk and walk but nothing too serious.

   The nurse came out and got me, five minutes later once they had Ella settled in. They had done all their checks and found out he’d unbreached himself which meant he was ready to come. They didn’t however know how long he was gonna be. They didn’t know how long Ella was gonna be in labour, he was in the right position for him to come down and hopefully just slide out. It was certainly gonna be a long night and a few days.

“Gosh, I’m not even pushing yet and it already freaking hurts” She moaned from the bed.

“Mrs Parsons, that means that he’s getting ready to come. The pain is making sure your cervix is wide enough for you to be able to push him out, easily”

“Call me Ella; being called Mrs Parsons makes me seem old. 19 ain’t old” She laughed.

“Ella, I’ve had younger people in here than you. Some as young as 14. In my honest opinion, they’re too young. You, on the other hand, are perfect. You’re married, presumably have a stable home environment and you’re fit enough to be a mum”