Prologue|

As the quiet, peaceful afternoon swept by, an orange tabby with white paws snuck out of the camp quietly, trying not to stir any cat from their clan.

"Is it time to go?" A black tom poked his head out, as the she-cat nodded. The black tom with large white tabby stripes with blue eyes was then filled with excitement, as the two walked together.

"Greetings, Orangeherb." A muffled voice called out, as the two medicine cats spun around to see the RiverClan medicine cat, Ripplewater.

"Good evening, Ripplewater." Orangeherb dipped her head politely, posture for the blue gray tom to go ahead of them.

"All well in ThunderClan, I hope?" He asked, putting some water mint at his paws.

"Err, we can't really say since Smokestar is leader now.." The black and white tabby apprentice muttered, as his mentor shot him a look.

"What, it's true!" The apprentice protested, as the medicine cat shook her head.

"The question was not pointed to you, Blackpaw." The orange tabby said sternly, as he dipped his head, staying silent.

"Did you bring the water mint, Ripplewater?" A skinny, light brown tabby she-cat with a creamy underbelly asked, her amber eyes gazed at the RiverClan tom, as he nodded.

"It is here. You have brought the goldenrod, correct?" He asked, his gaze shifting over to the golden plant next to the young she-cat.

"Here you go then, Heathermint." He said, as the two exchanged the herbs.

"When will Shadowingleaf and Moonpaw be here?" Blackpaw asked, his tone impatient, but his eyes determined and hopeful.

"Soon, I hope." Ripplewater muttered, as Orangeherb nodded in agreement.

"I hope there is no trouble in ShadowClan." Heathermint fretted, her eyes sharp, but her tone worried.

"Everything is fine. We're late for five minutes and you cats think we've been raided." A friendly, lighthearted voice joked, slithering out of the bushes, as a large black she-cat with leaf green eyes came first, a navy blue white-striped she-cat second.

"Are we all ready now?" Ripplewater asked, as Orangeherb nodded, Blackpaw sprang to his paws, eager to speak with StarClan for the second time.

"Let us not waste anymore moonlight, for it is time to share tongues with StarClan." Ripplewater rasped, at the cats drank from the Moonpool, as darkness swept over them all.

~

"Where am I?" The apprentice asked hesitantly.

"How am I supposed to know!?" A voice snapped, as the navy blue she-cat turned to see Blackpaw, of ThunderClan.

"Moonpaw, right?" He asked, as she nodded slowly.

"Small cats, it is time to learn the destinies of not just your clans, but all." A raspy, wise voice spoke, as the two young apprentices looked back and forth, yet saw nothing, as they exchanged a confused glance.

"When thunder and blood strike the forest, water, air, and darkness must join together to join tooth to claw." The voice spoke, as the two apprentices opened their mouths to ask questions, yet were awoken back next to the Moonpool.