Her only downfall now was her quietness. The faded smile that held no emotion. In result to that, her golden eyes became darker. She still hung out with her usual group of friends but remained quiet, as if anything her words were a trigger of mass destruction.

Amber still hasn't reached the age of when she'll be getting her powers.

Our parent's were worried about Amber because as she possessed features that I did that weren't like her other siblings but me, she might not have had the chance to acquire any abilities. People guessed while the Elders promised.

Everyone had gathered around the table while mum prepared breakfast. Our mother possessed normal features; grey eyes and light brown hair that was naturally straight. She also had an accent, a British one at that. But our father on the other hand had bright, blue yes and a mix of brown and black hair. It was strange how me and Amber were born with different qualities. Some people presumed that their DNA's had just mutated. It sometimes happens. Sometimes.

"Chloe, get your nose of that book and eat. You'll need to bulk up for prom!" Mum scolded, giving Darren a smile as he entered with a sleepy expression.

"Is there any point in her eating? She might just starve herself to fit into a dress. Me, on the other hand need to bulk up for the game tomorrow." He commended, earning a look from Chloe.

"Darren, you're already big. Give me some of that," Cole slid from the stairs and grabbed the bacon sandwich Darren was about to chow down on. "Hey, you little squirt!" He balled a fist and waved it at him annoyed as Cole began to chew and zip his school bag. Right after Chloe, he was one of the quickest to get dressed and ready for school.

"Nina! Get your cute butt down here before Darren finishes your breakfast for you!" Mum yelled, brushing back her brown threads behind her ear. Nina came running half way down to yell, "Let him! I don't want anything, thank you!" Before running back up, leaving mum to press her balled fist against her hip and shake her head disapprovingly.

"Nina! Oh my goodness. Will that girl ever eat?" Mum rhetorically asked.

"At least she manage to swallow some manners." I muttered with a slight cheeky grin, picking up my bag and the bacon sandwich that lied untouched by any of my siblings, and as I got up so did Chloe, taking her final sip from her tea cup.

"Bye, Mum!" Her reply was more cheerful and followed with hopes of a good day, which I found somwhat hilarious.

Whilst bolting for the door, I was hoping to catch someone I knew from class to walk with. If I couldn't, I would just listen to some Bon Jovi, Nickleback or Skillet. I quite admire the music humans produced.

The only familiar faces I could see were the ones of my old class mates. While they upgraded to learning about their powers and improving them, I was stuck on the same level; learning how to live in the human world.

The do's and don'ts.

As some tried to avoid meeting my eyes and ignoring me, I pushed away the feeling of hurt and recognized a fellow class mate. A smile had captured my lips and my arm had waved immiediantly.

"Yo, Johnny!"

John, my best mate. He hadn't gotten his powers at the age of sixteen and, unlike me, learned to live with it. He was obviously disappointed at first but he knew that he would survive. He was the smartest one out of both of us. We promised to buy an apartment together when we move into the mundane world.

John was a 5''9 man, close to 6ft, who loved having fun (partying) and getting a thrill out of everything he did. I've never once seen this man cry or angry, well... There was this one time.. But let's not get into that right now.