Chapter 15 - The Perfect Gift

Chapter 15: The Perfect Gift

A couple of days had past and today was June 20. Tomorrow was Max's birthday. What should I get him? What does he like? What should I get a perfect person like Max?

I can't think of anything. I went out of my apartment and went to the mall to find a nice gift for Max. I went inside different kinds of stores. I looked for shirts, pants, hats, shoes,wallets, bags, watches. Nothing was perfect for Max.

I got a take out of a taco and sat down. I sighed, I can't find anything good for him. I looked at the store that was not that far from me. I finished my taco and hurried into the store. I spotted the perfect gift for Max. I hope he likes it. I bought it and wrapped it at home. I sure hope he'll like it.

**********

Oh no! Today is Max's birthday. I got to get ready. I took a quick shower, blew dry my hair, and dressed up.

I tied my hair in a high ponytail. No make up, my peace sign necklace on. I wore my red, high top Converse shoes. My white, long sleeved top and skinny jeans.

We were going zip lining. I never tried that. I'm pretty scared of heights.

I left my gift for Max at my apartment. I didn't want to carry that everywhere. Everyone had their own car except me. I didn't want the birthday boy to drive me there. I asked a ride from Nick.

"Do you like ziplining?" Nick asked.

"I've never tried ziplining before" I admitted.

"Why not? But I promise you... You'll defenitely love it" he said. I just smiled in response.

We arrived at our destination. Everyone got out of their cars. Durston greeted Max first. "Happy Birthday" Next was Beau "Happy Birthday Man". Max smiled "Thank you". Then it was DKarp "Happy Birthday" He patted Max on the shoulder. Up next was Nick "Happy Birthday. Wow, You're turning 20" they did a fist bump. Max chuckled. Last was me "Happy Birthday Max!" I said with a smile. "Thank you Taylor" he hugged me. I giggled. We released each other. We saw our necklaces tangled to each other. We both chuckled and Max untangled them. His necklace was also a peace sign.

"Come on! I wanna go ziplining right now!" Nick was so excited.

We were climbing up the stairs. I was shaking. I'm so scared. What if I die there? We reached the top. Everyone wore one of the helmets.

"Hey me first" Nick said. Everyone allowed him to. He was just too excited. Beau, then DKarp, then Durston.

"You wanna go before me?" Max asked me.

I shook my head no. "I don't want. I'm afraid of heights"

"You can go with me if you want" he said.

"No its okay. I'll meet you guys at the other side" I told him.

"Come on Taylor, we'll get the thing for two" we settled and ready to go.

"Max!" I shaking.

"Don't worry, I got you" he was calm. Well, Nick was right. Ziplining was super fun. I love it.

We arrived at the otherside. I was laughing. I conquered my fear of heights. Thanks to Max.

We came to eat in some restaurant that was near. It was time to leave.

"Nick, could you please give me ride home" I said.

"Yah sure" Nick said. As I was going inside Nick's car, Max stopped me from doing so.

"I can give you a ride home" Max told me "Spicy, leave her to me" he said.

"Okay" Nick left "Bye"