Chapter One // Califournia

Date: August 2nd

Location: Los Angeles, California

"Abigail!" Linda, my boss called from her office.

"Running in Giuseppe's are not my forte" I giggled as I clacked into her office.

"Try ruining into Prada pumps while carrying a case of champagne" She laughed nudging for me to sit down.

"I don't think I would want to" I chuckled sitting down in her comfy pink chairs. "So how can I help you today?"

"The fall season is almost here and I need heads, usually I would count on Lizbeth but she's away and since you've got a pretty face and welcoming attitude I figured why not send you" she smiled then slid two pink invitations my way.

"You want me to scout models?" I asked surprised because my usually task consist of transporting clothes from different shoots and fittings and getting coffee, perks of working for the owner of Nasty Gal.

"Yeah" she nodded shrugging a bit. "The party is tonight as this new urban club, lots of socialites but very swank you'll fall in love"

"I'm sure" I chuckled slipping the invitations into my Kate Spade mini.

"Take a friend too, have fun just make sure you find at least six" she said and I nodded then rose to my feet.

"Anything else before I head out?" I asked and she nodded.

"If you come in hungover tomorrow I'll crucify you" she smirked, I just giggled then clacked my way out.

I was living the dream.

I had a nice two bedroom apartment in downtown LA only minutes from my amazing paying internship at NastyGal.

I always loved NastyGal, they're over priced as hell but they're clothes are everything! So when I met the owner of the company at Nobu in Malibu and she said she loved my style I got hired.

Not as anything huge, intern/assistant but I still get an amazing taste of the fashion world and she isn't one of those mean bosses which is a blessing.

After spending months away from the states I came back with such a great mindset moving to LA seemed like the best thing to do.

So when I got out here I got a roommate who goes to UCLA, she's adorably charming and gorgeous and we've grown close which is amazing since we've lived together since mid May.

It's been amazing, I've been okay. Happy actually.

My time away helped so much, I met so many people and heard so many amazing stories it really opened my eyes.

Everything that happened, happened for a reason and it was hell but I made it out okay and that's all that mattered. We live and we learn and we move on and like expected I found my happiness.

It took time and lots of patience but I woke up one morning in Bali to watch the sunrise and had never felt more at ease. I felt so happy and grateful and I knew that was when my journey had to end.

I found my happiness and I managed to love myself again for me. I realized that I was a good person and that I slipped up for a second but it was okay.

Best trip of my life and now I was doing what I wanted to do and living somewhere I never thought I would live and I was happy.

It was great.

And as for him? We haven't spoken since that phone call all those months ago.

I don't ask about him when I talk to Gemma or Oliver or even George but I know he's doing okay but I know if he wasn't someone would tell me.