Chapter Seventeen || Third times a charm

Date: November 24th

Location: Hammersmith Eventim Apollo

"Where are we going?" I asked as I sat in the back of a taxi with George and Matty.

Adam and the rest trailed behind, they stopped for a food run.

"Beats me" George mumbled, the hostility was still evident.

I sighed but decided not to try to detangle the mess they'd made.

We pulled up to this large isolate house at the end of the street. It was an actually house and the outside had trees but not many.

George helped me out the car and I looked at him confused as ever and he just sighed and threw me this apologetic look before Matty opened his mouth to speak.

"This is mine" he clapped smiling proudly at the large house before us.

"What?" I asked taken back by his blunt announcement.

"This is my house" he questioned as if I was the reckless one.

"No this isn't, I picked out a lovely-" I started to say then looked at George.

I knew then why he flashed me that sorry look.

"It was too small for me and the mates, plus this is far more isolated and I love this part of north London it's amazing. You have to see the inside" Matty said beaming as he rushed up the stairs of his house and unlocked the door.

George gripped my hand as if he knew what I was feeling before giving me a light shove so that I had the courage to follow the excited boy inside.

"It's four stories, there's so much space it's insane. It was perfect when I got it, a poet used to live here" he continued on walking around the house.

It suited him.

It was messy but very neat and it smelled like weed but also like home. It was simple because we all know he doesn't know what to do with a house like this.

It was his house.

"I love it" I said cutting of his rambling. "It's perfect"

"Isn't it?" He asked nodding his head. "Want some wine?"

"Sure" I smiled and as he walked into the kitchen I turned to George.

"He found it with one of our mates, he was going through a hard time and needed a new house that didn't remind him of you" he shrugged defending for the first time in a long time.

"It's lovely" I said coldly and George laughed.

"It's lonesome, we have no neighbors at all" he said as Matty walked back into the room.

"You have to see the rooms" he beamed then led me along. I took a large sip of the red wine before following.

George, Matty, James and their soon to be keyboard player Jamie shared the house. It was large enough for them all and then some.

Jamie, their keyboard player had the downstairs room but he wasn't home when we got there but they assured me he would be joining us on tour as soon as management got everything settled.