seven.

*this is grace's outfit. on the way to the school. then, of, course, once shes there, she changes into her leotard, tights, and pointe shoes.*

IMPORTANT: *i just want to make clear, grace and her family live in new york, just not in manhattan where the school is. they live in brooklyn, so itll be a small drive to the school.*

today is the day my life begins.

months ago, i spoke to the director of the school of american ballet in new york city. weeks ago, i was accepted and today, may 29, 2015, i live my dream. since i was a small child, i was taught to always point my toes and turn open my thighs and turn out my feet, to deepen my plié, to get my relevé higher. dance has taught me so many lessons, its made me stronger - physically and emotionally, dance is my ultimate happy place. as my first dance teacher used to tell me, "i know it hurt but, its for your benefit and it will not kill you." every time i dance, i think of those words. (im actually a dancer so this is like me venting about it sorry sorry.)

i put the last touches on my perfectly straight hair that is parted beautifully in the middle. i glide my hands down my dress and slip on my shoes. running down stairs, i don't even bother saying goodbye to my father so i just get into my white jeep wrangler and turn on my music.

today is such a beautiful day so i put the top down of my wrangler and loudly sing while bobbing my head up and down to the current song on my phone, not today by twenty one pilots.

after about a half hour of back roads, i arrive at the large school and im full of adrenaline. upon walking in, they bring me to the room ill be changing in and my locker and they show me around. i change into my black, boat neck, cap sleeve leotard and my brand new pink tights, along with my also brand new gaynor minden pointe shoes. after getting dressed, i pull my hair into a medium sized braided bun in the middle of my head. i take a deep breath and go up on en pointe, just as im about to walk out, i hear my iphone 6s texting tone go off.

from uknown:

good luck today, babygirl. i believe in you. big surprise when you come home.

i think a bit and do something totally bizarre, i respond politely to this man whom ive never met and threatens to kill everyone around me.

to unknown:

thank you, daddy.