Chapter XI

Song of chapter: Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas

Gerard's eyes were frozen shut, it was like he couldn't open them. That they were literally frozen shut.

His whole body was quivering and he couldn't breath, it seemed that he was waiting for the cue to be able to actually fun curio like a normal human being again.

That cue, seemed to listen to him and he was set on the ground and the shaking stopped.

But Gerard wasn't sure he wanted to open his eyes. Where would he be? Was he still home?

Gerard's eyes then snapped open, like they were forced by someone putting their fingers on his eyelids and lifting them.

Ow...

He was home. Sitting on the freshly mowed grass in his backyard, he looked up. His window was open slightly and the black curtains seemed to barely move from the breeze entering his window.

What happened? He wondered and exhaled quite loudly and stood up. Gerard felt dizzy from the lack of oxygen going to his brain and he only whimpered quietly and walked to the patio and up the stairs before entering through the sliding glass doors and seeing his mother give him a questioning look.

"What's wrong, honey?" She asked.

"Ah..." Gerard trailed off and ran a hand through his wind-blown hair. "You know what...I'm not entirely sure.."

She chuckled and shook his head, "So you're okay then?"

"Oh I'm swell!" He said with fake-cheerfulness and rolled his eyes when he wasn't facing his mother anymore.

He almost just killed himself! How do you think he's feeling? And he didn't even get to have any say in it. Yeah...this was the best day in Gerard's life so far.

He sighed and walked upstairs to meet with Miley's fearful eyes. "Gerard! Oh my god!" He cried and tackled his brother in a hug. "I saw you jump from you're window! I- I thought you were dead. W-why? How?"

"I um..." Gerard coughed uncomfortably and itched his head. "It wasn't my fault - I was laying on my bed and -"

"It was Frank, wasn't it?" He frowned.

Gerard shrugged, "I think so."

Though, it did not make any sense because if Frank made him fall, why did he save Gerard?

Put him in danger just to save him from it...it was weird. And it made Gerard feel sick.

"I'm sorry Mikey," He frowned and turned to his bedroom door. "I didn't mean -" He didn't finish that thought as he headed into his own room and locked the door behind him.

"Why'd you do it Frank?" Gerard asked, tears threatening to spill as he leaned against the the door with a hard 'thump' noise.

Because, to show you what how I'm capable of creating mayhem to saving you from it just like that.

Gerard closed his eyes and slid down the wall. "I fucking hate you," He sobbed. His hands came up to his wet eyes, "I wish you never showed up at my school."

Ouch, that hurt

"I don't care."

-

"Why the fuck did you even get involved with the loser anyway?" Anthony Iero, Frank's dad snapped. "What about Jamia? She's so pretty and sweet.."

"Yeah," Frank rolled his eyes and looked out the window at the gloomy sky. "The problem? I'm fucking gay and girls don't appeal to me!"

Anthony groaned and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation.