Chapter 7: Dreams

Percy's P.O.V

I looked out across the horizon. The sun was starting to set, ending the first day of our quest.

"Percy why don't you get some sleep. I'll take watch now." Leo said with his big goofy smile. I got up and nodded, I was feeling tired. I went below deck and straight to my bunk. As I lay there my eyes slowly start to slide shut. 'Let's hope this is a peaceful sleep,' I thought to myself before going completely under.

Annabeth's P.O.V

"Guys I'm worried about Percy." I told everyone as we sat down to eat.

"Annabeth he's fine." Leo told me, shoving food into his mouth.

"Mm," was all I said as I looked out to the top deck.

"If you want I can go up and take over watch for him." Leo said getting up. I nodded my head and smiled, the one thing I liked about Leo was that he would act goofy and silly but deep down he had a big heart. I got up, put my plate in the sink and went to bed.

"Hey Annabeth come in the water!" Piper yelled out to me.

"Nah I'm fine here." I replied. Suddenly Percy got up and turned to me.

"Come on Annabeth, It will be fun." Percy pleaded with me.

"Yeah fun, when the son of the sea good is in there." I laughed.

"Oh well, your lose." He replied. Percy put his hands on his hands and began to lift his shirt up. I knew I shouldn't be looking but I couldn't seem to peal my eyes off him. I watched as Percy started to lift it over his stomach. With each movement I could see the abs that he had hidden under that shirt. Finally he had taken his shirt fully off. My eyes began to search his whole body. Every little detail of his torso was implanted in my mind. Before i new what was going on I was off the ground.

"Ahh, put me down." I screamed, hitting the persons back.

"You wouldn't come in by yourself." The person said laughing.

"seaweed brain please don't put me in the water." I said. I guess I was too late. Suddenly my hair was wet and my head was covered by water. When my head was out of the water all I could hear was laughter.

"Good one man." Jason said high fiving Percy.

"Percy you're so dead." I said.

Percy raised his hand, "Ah, I wouldn't." He said creating a little wave. I shook my head and gave up. I should've known not to mess with Percy when we're in the water.

I ended up staying in the water just away from the boys. My eyes could never seem to leave Percy.

"What are you looking at?" Piper asked.

"Nothing." I said never looking at her.

"Oh yeah. You're looking at Percy." she said looking at where I was looking.

"Yes." I sighed.

"Oh My God, do you like Percy?" She questioned me. I nodded and looked down. "How long?"

"I guess ever since I first saw him." I told her.

"Oh that's cute. You should ask him out." Piper encouraged me.

"No." I said bluntly. Piper looked down and frowned. "Piper I'm scared, what if he doesn't feel the same."

"Just take a chance." She told me. Sometimes I hated that Piper was the daughter of Aphrodite. I looked at her and smiled. I began to walk towards Percy. As I got closer to him I knew what I was going to do the show him how I felt. Finally I reached him. I put arms around his neck and crushed my lips to his.

I shot up, as I did I hit my head on the bed, I winced in pain.

"Ouch." I whispered. I swung my legs from my bed and jumped down. I walked up the stairs and out to the top deck. 'Why was I having a dream about me kissing Percy?' I asked myself. I thought about it for a moment. It soon hit my that I actually like him. What was I going to do?

"You alright Annabeth?" I heard a voice ask me.

"Umm, yeah everything is good." I replied turning to look at the person.

"OK that's good Wise girl." Percy told me looking out across the horizon.