"And I meant it when I said I do not belong to you!"

The look he gave her sent a chill down her spine. She averted her eyes from the intensity in his gaze. Suddenly the sound of growing chatter began to hum outside the door. Dynasty's heart began to race. The thought of being caught in such a compromises position had color painting along her cheeks.

"Adam, enough! Please!" She tried to push him away and still he stood rigid between her legs.

The voices seemed to grow louder and closer and panic began to set in. She looked him deep within the eyes. "Someone's coming! No more games!"

"I'll let you down but not until you say that you're mine." His voice was calm, serious.

She stared at him for a moment, the word no tasting vile in her mouth. The voices suddenly came closer and she paled.

"Oh fine! I'm yours! I'm yours!"

A sly smile formed across his lips and he quickly pulled back, fixing his trousers and pulling her from the desk. He fixed the skirt of her dress with a quick hand before pushing her into the corner behind the door. She opened her mouth to question his actions but he placed a hand over her mouth.

"Stay quiet." He said before running his hands through his hair just as the door opened.

The door jerked open and a feminine gasp was heard. Dynasty's heart was pounding wildly in her chest.

"I didn't know this room was occupied." Said a flustered male voice.

Adam smiled, "I'm expecting a friend. So, I'm sorry to say that this room is taken."

There was a bit of a pause and then the door was closed. Dynasty let out a relieved sigh, melting into the wall behind her.

Adam's eyes seemed to sparkle in her direction, the smile on his lips one of triumph. "I meant what I said."

She gave him a look of exasperation, her patience gone after the scare from moments ago. "Damn you to the devil you skirt chaser! Do you know how much of a scandal you could have just caused?"

"It wouldn't have mattered."

Her eyes almost bugged out of her head and she stood up straight. "Are you out of your mind! To be caught in such a compromising position...," her face flamed with the thought.

"It wouldn't have mattered." He repeated as he moved toward her.

She stiffened as he began to circle her like a wild animal. "Why wouldn't it have mattered?" She asked, her voice suddenly raspy with him so close.

He stopped, standing behind her, his lips grazing her ear as he whispered. "Because I intend to marry you. What I do to you know...how I make you writhe against me now is nothing compared to what I will make you feel when you are solely mine."

Her stomach churned sensually and her breath caught. "You're insufferable! Never would I marry the likes of you!"

"But you adore that about me."

She gritted her teeth against the growing desire building inside her. He was tainting her, she thought, for she had never felt so...insatiable before.

She turned, raising her chin eye, her eyes flashing with renewed resolve. They were standing chest to chest and despite the fluttering in the pit of her stomach she stood still. "I adore nothing about you. I want you to stay away from me. Because I loathe you. And my heart has already been won."

Her words hung in the space between them. The triumph on Adam's face evaporated and suddenly the depths of his caramel eyes were burning green with envy.