Chapter 5

Adam leaned a hip against the railing at the top of the stair case. He was calm.

Cool.

Patient.

Dynasty walked out of her bedroom, seemingly distracted.

"Good morning, princess." He said, catching her off guard. She jumped before sighing. Sending an exasperated look his way.

"It's much to soon to start playing games Adam." She said as she tried to move past him. He moved in front of her.

She frowned. "Must you always be such a nuisance?"

He smiled down at her, "I didn't know that I was."

She tried to move past him again but he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her back. She gasped, his touch warming her skin. She flinched back. Her eyes appraising him sharply. She had been avoiding him as best she could. After what had happened yesterday she couldn't look him in the eyes. Let alone be near him, alone. "What do you want?" She said heftily.

Her hair was down, soft curls at the ends. He pushed her hair behind her ear, "I thought I'd take you out for a ride."

Her brows furrowed and she slapped his hand away.

"No, thank you." She attempted to move past him once more and this time he stepped aside, letting her move toward the staircase.

"Is the princess scared?" He taunted.

She froze, her heart suddenly pounding in her ears. She turned around and looked him straight in the eyes. "I'm not afraid of anything."

"Aren't you?"

"Are you implying that I'm scared of you?" Her defenses rising.

He shrugged nonchalantly, leaning against he railing. "You are."

She grit her teeth, her lips twisting. "I am not."

"You are."

"I'm not."

"I think you are."

"No I am not."

He stood up straight and took the stairs one at a time until he reached her. "I'll be waiting for you outside." He winked at her as he moved past her and then it hit her. He had done that on purpose. He had taunted her on purpose.

She huffed her frustration at being played so easily. The man had beat her like a drum and she had fallen right into his rhythm.  Oh, two could play at that game, she thought as she moved down the stairs, heading straight for her father's study.

She pushed the door open and a sly grin slid across her face as she encountered exactly who she had been seeking.

"Moth-," She was suddenly cut off by Adam's large hand grabbing the back of her dress and yanking her back. She was so surprised she didn't make a sound as her mouth fell open in shock.

"Mrs. Harrison, I hope you don't mind me taking Dynasty out for a ride?" The smile Adam threw her way had her blushing scarlet.

"Oh my, I have no objections." She mumbled girlishly.

He nodded his head in her direction before closing the door and grabbing Dynasty's hand, pulling her down the hall. She was speechless. He had actually outwitted her. He had caught her right in the middle of her scheme.

She felt anger rise in the pit of her stomach and then she felt absolutely pissed. She tried to yank her hand away but failed, his grip iron clad.

"Nice try, princess." He said evenly as he pulled her along behind him.