Chapter 1

It was like any other night at Arkham. It was dark and smelled of mildew and depression. The mood changed when a young girl was brought in. She couldn't have been older than 6 and was no taller than 3'1. She was absolutely tiny.

I could only wonder what she could've done to get herself in here at such a young age. I sit in my cell and wonder. I had been in my cell a few days before I realize she hadn't left her cell since being put inside. Not even for a meal. That's when I went to her cell.

She was considered low risk so she was allowed to walk from her cell. I usually was considered high risk but lately I have been improving my behavior so they let me roam a bit. The kiss I gave the warden probably helped. I could've escaped but I'm not ready to go just yet.

I knock on the wall near her cell. She looks up at me with fear in her eyes. "Hey sweetheart." I say walking towards her slowly. "Are you doing okay?" I ask smiling lightly.

She nods lightly. I sit next to her on her bed. "My name is Pamela Isley or Poison Ivy. But most people call me Ivy."

"I-I'm Vin." She says in a barely audible voice.

"Hi Vin." I smile and wait for her to be comfortable.

I sit with her for a while before she says anything else." I'm not a criminal. I was just defending myself. No one believes me and they made me come here instead."

"What happened?" I ask knowing she is finally opening up.

"I was in my usual spot where I sleep, an empty warehouse. No one ever bothered me before but someone followed me. They attacked me so I started hitting them and hitting them and before I knew it I was covered in blood and two cops showed up. I never had a family or a place to call home that warehouse was all I had. I didn't want to lose that too." She had tears in her eyes and her face now in her hands.

I put an arm around her and hugged her. She jumped and I let her go quickly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I've just never been hugged before. Not that I can remember anyways." She says wiping away her tears

I smile lightly at her. "How about you stick with me. I'll show you around and keep you safe."

"I would really like that." She smiles at me.

I smile and motion for her to follow me out of her cell. She does reluctantly. I bring her around until I hear the sound of a familiar voice. I smile and have Vin follow me to a cell.

"Red! I'm so happy to see ya." Harley says jumping into my arms.

I smile and kiss her. "Are you going to listen to me now?"

"Yes Red I'm not gonna go back to him. I promise." She says not letting go then looking at the small figure hiding behind me.

"Who's the kid?" She asks looking at me.

"That is Vin. She's new here." Then I look down at Vin. "Vin you can trust Harley, she's not gonna hurt you."

She nods and Harley walks over to her. "You are so adorable." She smiles and hugs Vin.

Vin lets her and smiles awkwardly. When Harley let's go she makes sure she's behind us wherever we go. She must of really not trusted people.

"Vin. Why do you walk behind us?" I finally ask looking down at her.

"I just thought you guys wanted to be alone so I just stayed here." She says looking to the floor.

I put my hand under her chin and lift it up. "Sweetheart don't worry. I told you I'm gonna take care of you so I will."

She nods timidly and walks in between us. Compared to me and Harley she is tiny. Harley is 5'6 and I'm 5'7. The poor girl probably feels so small.

We arrive back at my cell and I have them sit on my bed. Vin declines though and sits on the ground in front of the bed. I sit on the bed next to Harley. I tell Harley about how Vin got here and she listens.

"What happened to her parents? Why is she all by herself? She's so small and vulnerable." Harley shoots questions at me.

"I told you all I know."

Vin had fallen asleep on the floor when I was filling Harley in. I look down at her shivering figure and put her in my bed. She doesn't wake up and continues to sleep.

"We need to get her out of here. She is not old enough to be here." I say telling Harley my escape plan.

She carries the sleeping Vin and I get us out. When we get off Arkham Island I call in a favor. I pull out a phone. "Selina You owe me one. Come pick me up."

And with that Selina came in a car a few minutes later and picked us up. She sees Vin sleeping in Harley's arms and looks at me. "Long story I'll explain later." I say as she drives.

Vin wakes up while we were driving back to my apartment. Harley smiles at her. "Hey kiddo, were on our way home."

Vin smiles when she says the word home. I could tell she had never heard it referring to a place she lived. I wiped the hair from her face and smiled down at her. I don't know why but I really like this girl.