Chapter 3

Kylie Preston (Hill's Sister)

~~~~~

After making some lame excuse about how I promised Claire I was coming over, I practically ran to my car, and raced to her house. I needed to tell her about this immediately.

"I swear Claire it was like something right out of a movie," I said plopping down on her way comfortable bed.

She pauses her preparations, for lord knows what, and turns toward me. "So you really didn't know who he was?" She asked completely baffled.

"Of course not," I replied popping up,"I told you I have never seen him before." I duck my head and mumble, "Until today."

"That's so crazy." She turns back toward the mirror and continues pulling rollers out of her hair. She slides them into a drawer before making her way into her closet.

I sit up and throw my legs to the other side of the bed so that I'm lying on my stomach. "Where are you going anyway?" I grab my long forgotten Lattè and take a sip. I scrunch my face as the warm liquid runs down my throat. Warm Lattè's are disgusting.

"I didn't tell you," she asked, her voice muffled.

"No." She comes out of the closet and my jaw drops. I abruptly sit up in the bed. "But if I didn't know any better I would say you were going to a party."

I continue to gawk at her as I take in her appearance. Her hair fell to the middle of her back in loose ribbon curls, with a straight side swept bang hanging over her right eye. She had on a red Lattice Back Shift dress and black Angie Pumps, silver hoop earings, coil bracelets, and her trademark necklace. A simple silver chain.

"Not exactly a party. Just a small gathering of friends," she said shrugging her shoulders. She came and sat neck to me on the bed, and crossed her legs.

The corners of my mouth raised, giving her a look as if saying 'Let's be real here.'

She threw her hands in the air in surrender and exasperation. "Ok it's a party."

"And you didn't want to tell me about it, or invite me!?" My eyes widened as my voice raised two octaves.

"Well it's not my party," she said in a bored tone before getting up to apply her makeup in the mirror.

"You didn't get a plus one!?"

"Of course I did." She smacked her lips spreading her cherry red lipstick. My eyes widen more and I scoff. "But," she said turning around,"I'm taking Hudson."

"And that's suppose to make me feel better how?"

"It wasn't?"

"Ugh." I got off of the bed and grabbed my bag that I had carelessly thrown on a chair when I walked in. I made my way toward the door and swung it open.

"Where are you going?"

"To get ready." I turned and said,"I have a party to crash," before walking out of the room, ignoring her loud protest.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

An hour later I was making my way to Kylie Preston's house. Or rather mansion.

It wasn't hard to figure out where the party was or who was hosting it. Just about everyone in town was talking about it on every social site know to man. There were even some posts about it on Twitter. Apparently it's a party for the new guy Claire was talking about. He must be really cute if Kylie Preston is throwing a party just for him. Or he's just her new "project," and this party and him moving here just so happen to line up.