Chapter 6

After signing all of the necessary papers, Ally was able to take Daisy home. After putting the girls bags in the back of the car, Ally joined Daisy at the front of the car.

Ally tried speaking to her but the younger girl was a lot quiet than earlier. Ally had an idea that would hopefully make Daisy happy.

Ally stopped the car outside of a sweet shop earning a confused look from the younger girl next to her. "Is this where you live" Daisy questioned as she looked at the shop through the car window.

"I wish" Ally got out of the car and helped Daisy out. Daisy tugged on Ally's top before walking into the shop. Ally looked down at the little girl who was now holding her hand up.

Ally took Daisy's hand making her smile. When they entered the sweet shop Daisy jumped up and down in excitement. Ally let go of her allowing her to explore.

She picked up various candies before finally passing a rainbow lollipop to Ally. Ally crouched down so that she was at a similar level to the young girl.

"Do you want this one" Ally asked. Daisy nodded and gave Ally a shy smile. Ally paid for the lollipop and handed it to Daisy, she also brought some chocolate for Stevie.

They returned to the car and Daisy seemed very pleased with her lollipop. They arrived home and Ally collected Daisy's bags from the back of the car.

Ally walked to the door after Daisy got out of the car. Just as Ally was about to walk through the door Daisy froze.

"Hey are you ok" Ally asked growing worried about the girl.

"I-I I'm sc-scared" Daisy stuttered looking up at Ally.

"Don't worry your safe here I promise" Daisy hid behind Ally's legs as they walked into the house.

Ally saw Stevie sitting on the couch as she walked in. Stevie ran up to her and pulled her into a hug. "Where have you been, I was so worried" Stevie said as she clung onto Ally.

Stevie looked down and noticed the small girl trembling behind Ally. Stevie glared at Ally. "We need to talk" Ally said.

Ally walked with Daisy and sat her on the couch so she could watch TV. "Sit here for a minute ok, I just need to go quickly" Ally said and Daisy nodded at her. Daisy quickly got amused by the TV, when Ally knew that she was ok her and Stevie walked into the kitchen to talk.

"So are you planning on telling me what the hell is going on" Stevie said clearly annoyed.

"That's Daisy" Ally said. "She's the girl who's dad died in the shooting remember"

Stevie looked at the girl who was laughing at the TV and recognised her from when she went to pick Ally up.

"That doesn't explain why there is a child sitting on our couch" Stevie snapped back.

"Can you calm down for like five seconds please"

"You can't tell me to calm down Ally, some how you have managed to obtain a child and I know nothing about it"

"Well maybe if you would let me explain" Stevie looked at her signalling for her to continue. "Earlier I got a call from Daisy's social worker and she asked me something about what Daisy was saying"

"Your not really making much sense Ally"

"Ok, at the park when I got told to distract Daisy we saw a butterfly and since then she has called me her pretty butterfly"

"Ok..." Stevie said still slightly confused.

"Well Clarke, her social worker, told me that she kept asking for her pretty butterfly so I went to go see her"

"So she wanted you" Stevie questioned.

"I guess so, anyway they wanted to move her to a larger children's home but she didnt want to go"

"So they just let you take her"

"Well not exactly" Ally said scratching the nape of her neck nervously.

"Ally" Stevie said glaring at her again.

"I've technically kinda fostered her and I'm in the process of adopting her" Ally said laughing nervously.

Stevie didn't know whether to kill Ally or hug her. She knew that Ally had good intentions but it was all very fast and a bit of a shock for her.

"I guess this is the start of our new little family then huh" Stevie said smiling at Ally.

"Wait..what" Ally in shock. "Do you mean that your ok with this, with her"

"I mean it's a bit of a shock and I'm slightly annoyed at you for not speaking to me first but I've always wanted to start a family with you, and there's no time like the present"

Ally picked up Stevie and spun her around. "I love you so much" Ally said kissing Stevie.

Stevie laced her fingers with Ally's and they both joined Daisy on the couch. Ally placed Daisy on her lap and the younger girl looked at her and Stevie.

"Daisy, this is Stevie she's our friend too" Daisy smiled and Stevie started to tickle her. Daisy burst out laughing which caused both Ally and Stevie to laugh too.

Daisy lent over and whispered in Ally's ear. After listening to Daisy, Ally turned to Stevie. "She says that she thinks your funny"

Stevie looked at Daisy who had a cheeky grin on her face and both her and Ally laughed at her.

They all stayed on the couch watching TV until Daisy fell asleep lying between both of them.