Getting back to my office I closed the door and sat behind my desk. I started on the necessary paperwork and filled out the forms. I scanned them into the computers and emailed them off to the individual case workers that needed them. I glanced at my watch and noticed that I still had at least another two hours of my business day, so did my mate. But I it was Friday, the kids usually hung out and did movie night with the other younger counselors here, then the center would close at ten. I sent a quick mind link to Stavos letting him know my plans and he just smirked and promised to send Marcos and some of the guys to watch over the staff and kids this evening until he could get here to join in movie night and later lock up and take his mates home.

 I locked up my office and I stepped back into the outer office to tell the girls I was leaving for the day. They winked at me and told me not to hurt my man, they could read me like a book, but that’s what happened when you worked closely with a group of people in an emotional soup box for long periods of time. You get to really know one another. Although I must admit that no one here knew I was Vampire. That was not necessary information anyone needed for me to perform my job. Getting into my car I started the engine and listened to it purr. Dimitri bought me a cute little Mini Cooper for a graduation present. I vetoed all his other car choices; they were too flashy and screamed wealth, totally inappropriate for my job. So he settled on my cutie after having Stavos wire it like a tank.

I made my way home and I thought about my life since my decision to stay with Dimitri. I lost my human life but I had gained so much more. My thoughts flashed back to that eventful day after Dimitri turned me. I had woken up not in the guest room where he had made hot, mind blowing love to me, but I was firmly encased in the middle of our now massive bed in the Master bedroom, cocooned in blankets and a very worried muscle bound Vampire. I had opened my eyes and had to close them almost immediately everything was so bright even with the heavy curtains pulled over the window. Dimitri had hushed me and caressed my face. He explained that I was going to be hyperaware of everything involving my senses for a while. I remembered as I had slowly opened one eye then the other to see him hovering protectively over me, still stroking my face and I had felt every stroke, every caress right down to the marrow of my bones.

 My poor man had just braced himself because he knew what was coming. A heat had flashed over my body making me feel like I was on fire. My back undulated clear of the mattress as my desire for his body and blood rolled through my body. Dimitri smoldering gaze had never left my heated one as he had watched me writhe and whimper for him. I was rock hard and I had reached out him and he caught me. He had cared for me, drawing me to his vein and had instructed me to drink from him. It was and still is one of the most erotic things that we do, sharing our blood with each other.

 I had used his body on more ways than one all day in those following days. It was a mark of his strength and stamina as the sex had pounded on and the feedings had continued for almost two days. He had never complained and he was always ready and attentive to my needs. It still brought tears to my eyes whenever I think of that time in my life, where my life actually began. I never saw my human death as something to be mourned. I always referred to it as my real birth into my love and my family.

 I pulled up to the guard house of our home and entered the pass code to open the gates. I waved at the security guard and drove through. Getting to the house I watched our security gates swing open and I passed through driving the length of the driveway to park my car, Stavos and Gustav always argued about my going straight to the garage. They preferred that I parked in the drive and one of them or the security team would park it for me, they said Dimitri decreed it so that they could make sure that everything was in working order and that my gas tank was always full. I picked my battles and just let them have at it.