Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(The view at the beachside cafe--------->)

            3 A.M. and Dimitri was still in a foul mood and decided to keep it to himself. He had sequestered himself in his room and told everyone to leave him alone unless he called them and asked for their assistance. He had also closed off this thoughts which he knew frustrated the hell out of Stavos, but at this point he did not care. His mind space needed privacy right now, while he pondered out the situation he now found himself in. Frustrated he threw the comforters off his half naked body and raised from the king size bed and stalked into his bathroom. Looking at himself in the mirror, he decided to at least make an attempt to see Caleb, to talk to him and get to know what he was like. He wanted to  gauge Caleb's reactions to him and the things he shared with him. This had consumed him for weeks now and he was going to face it head on.

            With that decision made the flipped the switch to turn off the lights in the bathroom and he went to his private bar and pulled out a bottle of blood to sip on before he went back to bed.

            Stavos opened his car door and waved to the woman that had been his bit of diversion for the evening before he got in a closed the SUV door. Dimitri was pouting so he had decided to entertain himself for the evening. He understood why Dimitri was being cautious, but he has never seen him dither so long about makng a decision. He knew at some point, the fact that knowing his mate was out there was going to compel him to seek him out whether he liked it or not. He just hoped that he will have come to his senses before that occurred, because then the primal need to claim takes over , those actions will rule over common sense. 

            The drive did not take long as he passed through the intense security of Miami Beach’s infamous Star Island. He slowly cruised the streets to Dimitri’s mansion. Not a single conscious thought was heard in the neighborhood. He pulled into the drive and pressed the garage door opener on his visor and parked the Hummer in the carnivorous garage that housed a spectacular car collection. He entered the house through the double doors leading directly into the kitchen. He made sure the alarms were engaged before heading to his wing of the house.

            Caleb groaned and turned over and picked up his cell phone to see what time it was. It was just a little after seven so he rolled back over and prayed for just a little bit more sleep. After a few minutes if tossing and turning he gave up and got out of bed. As routine, he made the bed and folded it back into a sofa and meticulously placed the cushions and pillows back onto it. He reached his arms over his head and stretched away the final remnants of sleep from his lithe body. He  turned and entered the kitchen and was about to start the coffee machine when he decided against it. He headed for the bathroom instead to perform his morning routine.

             When that was finished he opened the blinds to his nonexistent patio and smiled at the beautiful morning outside. Throwing the prudence of doing laundry and minor house work aside and grabbed a backpack and in it he stuffed a clean towel, a novel and other minor things that he would need. He quickly shuffled out of pajamas and into his denim shorts and a t-shirt. He grabbed an extra towel just in case and headed for the door. He smiled as he reached the car and opened the door and thought about spending a lazy morning reading and people watching on the beach.

            The waitress led Dimitri to a table on the outside patio in the shade from the morning sun. He thanked her as she handed him the menu and walked away. Smiling to himself,  he thought  about the fact that it's been a long time since he went anywhere by himself for no reason what so ever. Stavos was still comatose when he left the house and his resident love birds where still cooing at each other because no one was up and about. So he wrote a quick note and made a hasty retreat.  Although he rarely ate cooked food anymore he decided to have a simple breakfast of eggs and toast with coffee on the beach and let the sea air clear his mind.