1

five years later

Calum was sitting down dreading Halloween when he heard a knock at his door. He opened it to see a small girl with long dark curly hair and caramel skin.

"I don't have candy kiddo, so just scram okay!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry sir but I have a letter here for you."

"From who?" He asked the small girl.

"My mom, she told me to give you this if anything ever happened." She said saddened.

"Your mom?, and who might that be?" He asked kneeling to be at eye level with the small girl.

"My mom is Alicia Millard." She smiled at the thought of her mom.

Calum's heart dropped into his stomach. His mind back tracked to five years ago when he last saw her.

"Sir are you okay?" She asked.

"Im-Im okay." Calum said.

He opened the letter to read it.

Dear Calum,

It's with a sad heart to tell you that I do have cancer and that by the time you're reading this I've already passed on. I leave you with nothing but the memories of us together and our beautiful daughter Jasmine. Yes that's right the beautiful girl before you is Jasmine. Remember five years ago when I had something important to tell you? This was it, I was pregnant and on my own for five years Calum. All I ask from you is to take care of our daughter. I know you're all famous now but that doesn't stop the fact that you have a responsibility. Jasmine was my first priority and now she's yours.

With Love,
Alicia.

Calum hadn't realized he was crying until Jasmine offered him tissue.

"You seem really sad sir." She said offering him the tissue.

"Don't worry I was sad too, I miss mommy." She said using her small hands to rid the tears in her eyes.

Calum invited her inside and she sat on the couch.

"What did the letter say?" Jasmine asked.

"T-that I'm your father." Calum said stunned.