Chapter 23.

"Why do you think Trevor or Stacy didn't tell you about them being mates?" I asked as we walked up to the door.

"I don't know but right now isn't the time to discuss this." He said as he placed a gentle kiss on Rosalina's face.

He knocked on the door and a minute later a woman opened the door.

"Victoria?" I asked.

Victoria was two years older than me, when we were younger Victoria and I would occasionally play around with the boys. She got older and began hanging around kids around her age. After that we just stopped talking. She had golden blonde hair, emerald green eyes and freckles that spread across her nose. She was always the type of shy person and hung out with people she was comfortable with.

"Hi Alpha Xavier, hi Felicity, hello there little baby." She smiled at us.

"Hello Victoria, nice to see you again. Is Trevor home? We would like to make sure he is fine before we head out." Xavier asked.

Victoria sighed and looked at us with sadness. "He hasn't left the house yet. Ever since the death of Stacy he has been locked up in this house sulking and depressed."

"May we come in and speak with him?" I asked quietly.

She smiled at us and invited us inside of her home. It seemed like a normal two story home. We entered the living room and noticed a blonde haired man staring up at the wall with vodka in one hand and the other holding a picture. His eyes were blood shot and his clothes were dingy and smelly as if he hasn't showered in a while.

I remember Trevor from when we were little, I didn't want my first time seeing him in a long time to be like this.

"Trevor we have guests." Victoria said kindly.

"I don't want their fucking sympathy! Tell them to go!" He slurred.

Xavier growled loudly not appreciating the disrespect placed upon him and his family. Trevor's head whipped around as he slightly cursed to himself and placed the vodka bottle on the coffee table. He got up from the couch, nearly falling backwards and bowed.

"Alpha what a lovely surprise to be in your presence." His voice was deep and laced with sarcasm.

I looked up at Xavier nervously because he had a bad temper and didn't deal with disrespect very well. He seemed calm, almost as if he was expecting this.

"Anaïs could you excuse us for a moment?" Xavier said as he stepped toward Trevor.

I nodded and was about to walk out of the door until Victoria called my name.

I grabbed Rosy from Xavier and followed Victoria into the kitchen.

She sat down at the kitchen table and looked up at me shyly, almost as if she didn't know what to say.

"I would ask you how is life but I heard it hasn't been the greatest." She said quietly.

"As far as?"

"Well you know ever since those two years ago and then going into a new pack and being abused and stuff." She said as she shifted uncomfortably.

I narrowed my eyes. "How do you know this?"

"Stacy would come visit Trevor all the time and spill everything, you, Xavier, being Luna, her emotions and she wasn't secret about it. She was even a little bossy but Trevor loved her."

"How long have they known about each other being mates?" I questioned.

"For about a few months now." She lowered her head towards me as if not wanting anyone else to hear. "I'm honestly scared of Trevor now, he's been saying crazy suicidal things and talking about hurting the Alpha. I know he wouldn't do such thing but I'm scared." She said in fear.