Chapter 18.

"You guys did what?" Raven asked in astonishment. I decided to visit her with Rosalina since she was asking for me. She was currently holding Rosalina and playing with her while I told her what happened earlier.

"So he just left?" She asked.

"Well he said they say the ones you love the most, you hurt the worst and then he just left." I said.

I was so confused by his words and actions but they truly did speak to me. They meant something to me.

"Damn I want your mate." I heard her mutter.

"Speaking of mates, have you talked to Chris?" I asked.

"Does yelling at him and calling him a fucking idiot count as talking?"

"No, why was that even a question."

"Then no I haven't talked to him." She said coldly.

"Raven why are you being so immature?" I asked impatiently.

"Yup that's me, Raven the immature little shit head who won't accept her mate because he has a reputation on beating the shit outta his own blood but that doesn't matter cause he won't beat on me right?!" She yelled at the top of her lunges which caused Rosalina to start crying.

I quickly grabbed Rosalina from Raven and scolded her.

"It was no need for shouting what the hell Raven?" I said annoyed.

She rubbed her face with her hands and groaned.

"Sorry I just feel a little hollow rejecting him." She said sadly.

Something clicked in my head that I never thought about before until now.

"It seems like you have a thing for Betas." She looked at me with a confused expression and then it clicked in her head.

She sighed. "I just thought James was the one, he helped me through the death of my parents, he was there to keep Gabriel from beating on me and he just comforted me. We both began to fall for each other and had forbidden attractions for each other."

"Why forbidden?"

"Well Gabriel never wanted me to find my mate anyway but he never told me why."

"Well-" before I could finish there was shouting coming from behind the hospital room door.

"Raven could you hold Rosalina?" I asked.

She nodded as I handed her the child. I cautiously walked toward the door and listened to who was behind it.

"This is bullshit I'm the Alpha of this pack."

"She does not deserve to be a member of this pack, she will either become rogue or we will have a hearing with the council."

"But she is my mate and she didn't do anything."

"She killed our Daniel, I won't allow her back in this pack without consequences."

"You're such a fucking idiot! Why would your own best friends daughter kill someone she loved!"

"You will respect me as your father!"

"I have no respect for you."

There was a long silence. I wasn't sure if they left until I heard Alpha Roman speak.

"I will schedule an appointment with the council and they will discuss." I heard footsteps so I assumed that someone was walking away.

They were going to put me on trial for something I didn't do, why wasn't I put all trial before, I wouldn't have cared if there was a chance I would be killed but I have so much to live for. I couldn't leave my daughter I would be heart broken.