Chapter Twenty One: I Can't Lie

Twenty One: I Can't Lie

HAZEL

I was meeting Jake for coffee at our regular place, that was the only downside to being pregnant and that was I couldn't drink caffeine. I ordered Jake's usual and got myself a small hot chocolate and a cookie because they looked delicious and my stomach was rumbling. These babies sure knew how to eat and I wasn't quite sure if they got that from their mother or father. As I sipped the warm beverage I watched the door and smiled when the bell jingled and in entered a rather dishevelled Jake, he had a beanie on top of his head and sunglasses covering his eyes and his usual suave clothes had been replaced by sweats and a baggy jumper.

He sat down opposite me and removed his glasses and beanie, I pushed his drink towards him and he drank it rather greedily.

"Err Jake what's with the get up?"

He put the coffee down and looked down at himself before grimacing and locking eyes with me.

"It's called a disguise Haze. I've been following Derek and since he knows what I look like I decided to change my appearance and I've done a pretty fine job if I say so myself."

"Oh you look different alright. Now what have you found out my little spy?"

Jake flipped me off before glancing around the shop as if he was looking for eavesdroppers.

"Well darling every time I've followed Derek it seems a certain Behati shows up. They talk which turns into an argument, but that's not the best part of this story."

So Behati had confirmed my suspicions of her working with the hunters against Adam and the rest of the pack.

"Stop stalling Jake and spill."

Jake pouted before composing himself, a large grin spread across his face.

"Derek isn't happy about Behati playing happy families with Adam. He stated that he hated Adam laying his hands on her, and then he punched a wall. But to add to the hurt, Behati then told him that Adam will be able to provide better for her child then Derek ever could."

Shut the front door, what Jake was relaying back to me couldn't be true. The only reason Derek would have any concern about Behati's baby is if he was in fact the biological father. But the guys told me that she got a DNA test at Adam's demand and it came back with Adam as the father.

"She got a DNA test and the results said Adam is the father."

Jake shakes his head.

"I use to date a guy who dealt with those DNA tests and they can easily be falsified, for the right amount of money anyone can be a baby's father. It's a scary possibility but also an advantage for us Haze, if we discover she lied on the results then Adam will dump her skinny ass and look after the babies that are rightfully his."

I sat back in my chair and took all of this new information in. Maybe there was a slight chance Behati had gone to all this trouble to win Adam back and screw over the hunters at the same time. I couldn't get my hopes up until we had proof and only one name came to mind when I thought about who could get their hands on the real DNA results, Mickey.

Pulling out my phone I pulled up our message conversation and typed a new message.

Hazel: Can you come over to mine ASAP? Nothing bad has happened but Jake and I need your expertise. Don't tell the others as we want proof before we tell everyone. Say I'm having IT issues or something x

"Who are you messaging Haze?"

I turned my phone around and showed Jake the message, he made an 'oh' shape with his mouth.