Part 6

Monday after school, you walk outside with John after the last bell rings. Time to go home. It's silent between the two of you, but it's not bad. He seems comfortable with it and you're thinking.

'How should I do this...' you think to yourself, wondering how you're going to put your plan into motion. You take a deep breath an look over at John. 

"Hey, wanna come over for a study session?" You ask, shoving your hands into your hoodie pockets. 

"Sorry man, I can't today. My dad wants to take me somewhere later. How about tomorrow?" He replies, looking a little guilty that he had to decline. 

"That's cool. Tomorrow sounds fine." You say, shooting him a reassuring smile. You wave to him as you start walking home, grinning to yourself. 'Perfect. I'll be able to do this tomorrow.'

~~~

It's Tuesday and you're walking with John back to your house after school. 

Bro isn't home from work yet, so you unlock the door and walk inside, waiting for John to follow. He walks in after you, closing the door, and the two of you walk back to your room.

You throw your stuff not he floor next to your bed and flop onto the bed backwards. he sits down next to you and you sit up. Taking a deep breath, you look at him. 

"Hold out your hands for a sec, alright?" You instruct, nodding towards his hands.

"O...kay?" He says, confused, but doing what you say anyway.

When he holds his hand up, you close your eyes, reaching up and grabbing it. You take another deep breath and open your eyes slowly. Looking around the room, your mouth falls open as you are greeted by a brightness you've never seen before. Even just in your room, everything is so... colorful! 

You look back at John, staring at his eyes through his glasses. They're so beautiful. As you stare at him,you whisper quietly, "Do you see it too?"

He stares back at you, seemingly even more confused. "See what?" 

And all of a sudden you feel your world crash down around you. In your shock you drop his hand, the colors instantly fading away. Your heart feels like it dove into your stomach and you feel a lump forming in your throat. You feel... broken.

Your name is Dave Strider, and you have never felt more empty and alone in your whole life.