Part 4

Hey guys! Finally updating this thing, sorry it took so long. :3

---------------------

You get back home and lead John back to your room, dropping your stuff on the floor next to your bed. You flop onto the bed and sigh, then look over at John who's just kind of standing in the doorway awkwardly. 

"Come on man, sit on the bed. I can set up super smash bros or something. Sound cool?" You say to him, suppressing laughter as he sets his stuff down next to yours and sits almost just as awkwardly on your bed. 

"Yea, ok. Sounds cool." He says, grinning his (admittedly adorable, although you'd never say it out loud) toothy grin. 

You set up the Wii and put in super smash bros melee (the best smash bros, obviously) and plug in the game cube controllers, handing him one. You sit on the bed once it's all set up and the game menu is on the screen, selecting a two player smash and setting it to your preferred settings. 

The two of you mess around for a while and you let him get used to the controls. After a while, he's got the controls down and it starts getting serious. You admit he's almost matching you in skill level, now that he knows what he's doing. You play for a few hours and notice that it's starting to get dark. John doesn't seem to mind, calling his dad to check in. 

"Hi dad... Yea, I'm still over here... Oh, ok... Yea, I'll send it to you... Ok, see you in a bit then... Bye." John hung up and turned back to you. "He asked what your address is and said he's gonna come pick me up in a bit." He said, sounding kind of disappointed. 

"It's cool man. We can play smash till he gets here if you want." You offer, shifting on the bed so John can sit back down. 

"Ok, sounds fun." He says, brightening up a bit. You give him your address and he texts it to his dad then sits back on the bed and picks up his controller. The two of you play smash bros for about another hour before you hear a knock on the door. John gets up and collects his things and walks out of your room. "That's probably my dad. I'll see you later."

"Alright, later man." You say, directing a joking fake salute towards him. "See you tomorrow."

He waves back and walks out the door, and you get up to lock it behind him before going and grabbing a small bag of Doritos and a bottle of apple juice and heading back to your room. You play smash bros for a little while longer while eating and drinking your chips and juice, then when you're done you get ready for bed. 

You find that you're having a hard time actually getting to sleep tonight though. Your mind keeps going back to the bright flash from the day before. Eventually you manage to force yourself into sleep, reminding yourself that tomorrow is Friday, but still a school day. "I'll ask Bro about it tomorrow. . ." You say to yourself before drifting off to sleep. 

-----------------------

Sorry guys, this chapter kinda sucks, but hope you enjoy the update. ✌ I'll work on it more later.