I guess I won't be alone anymore...

Stan sighed and looked at his scarred arms as he grabbed his hoodie. "Another day... Another screw up..." He said quietly as he put on his hoodie and made his way to school. 'School is seriously a living hell...' He thought bitterly. 'The principle is Satan, the teachers are devils, and the kids are demons...'

Stan entered the school taking down his hood and quickly walked to his locker, ignoring all the profanities the others threw at him. As he walked to his locker, he saw papers taped to it. Tears pricked at his eyes as he read them.
'Fag', 'gay', 'emo', 'cunt'
He growled and ripped the papers off the locker, throwing them aside. He quickly opened his locker, put his stuff away, got his books, and headed for his first class.

He sat down in the back of the room like always, waiting for class to start. "Alright class, listen up! We have a new student!" The first devil of the day, said. Whispers and mumbles erupted in the room as a small girl entered the room, gripping her books tightly to her chest. "Oh great, just what I needed, another bully..." Stan muttered to himself, as he examined the girl.

She was fairly short with long black hair. She wore ripped jeans, converse, and a black hoodie. Stan looked down at his attire. Ripped black jeans, some converse, and a dark blue hoodie.  He had black hair that hung in his eyes, as well. '... Maybe she's not so bad...' He thought. "Okay, why don't you take a seat anywhere..." His teacher sighed and motioned to the empty seats in the classroom, as everyone shut up and starred at her.

The girl looked around nervously before spotting Stan in the back and slowly walking towards him. "H-Hi... I'm Katie..." The girl said quietly after sitting down in the seat next to him. The teen was shocked that she chose to sit next to him. "... I'm Stan..." He replied, as she gave him a small smile. He sat there, studying her trying to make sure this wasn't some sick joke.

Around lunch time, Stan sat alone at a table picking at his food. He looked around and saw Katie sitting alone at a table. The dirty looks people gave her not going unnoticed by him. He got up and went to sit with her. "Hey uh... Katie, right..?" He asked, awkwardly. Katie nodded and continued starting at her food. There was a moment of awkward silence before Stan spoke up. "C-Can I sit with you..? If it's alright of course..." He asked as a faint blush rose to his cheeks.

Katie nodded giving him a small smile and scooting over to give him some room. He sat down as the awkward silence returned. "So... Uh-" he started but was cut off. "Why?" Katie asked, making Stan confused. "Why what..?" He asked. Katie looked up at him. "Why do you want to sit with me..? I'm just an 'emo b****'." She spat with air quotes at the end.

Stan recoiled for a second before he scoffed. "Well, if you haven't noticed, nobody really seems to enjoy my presence either." He spat back. Katie just started at him with a blank gaze. "Whatever..." She mutter before continuing to pick at her food. Another silence fell upon them. "Okay, look. Sorry for... Whatever just happened... I just came over here to try and get to know you better. So, what do you say about starting over and getting to know each other?" Stan stated, taking Katie by surprise. No-one had ever said sorry to her before.

"... No, I'm sorry that I snapped at you... I'm not used to people wanting to sit by me and stuff... But, yeah... I'd like that..." She smiled, earning a smile from the Ebony haired teen next to her. "Cool..." He said.

      'I guess I won't be alone
               anymore...'