Saturday afternoon was blissfully calm. Hermione ran off to the library to study. Ron to the Quidditch pitch to use his new broom. Ginny off with her boyfriend somewhere, she'd offered to bring me, but I'd thought against it.

The common room was nearly deserted, only a few lone students, me being one of them. I sat curled in a chair by the fire, reading an old tatty muggle book.

"Hello, Rose." Harry says contentedly, sitting across from me. "What's that you're reading?"

"Oh, just an old Muggle book..." I answer, then realizing it's his mum's too. "Nothing really..." I shut the book, stashing it in my robes. "How are you, Harry?"

"Alright." He answers, "Want to go down to get something to eat?"

I nod, standing and following him out. It was always quiet with Harry, we didn't talk much, just enjoyed each others company. The corridors were starting to get fuller with students, the weather turning rather nasty.

"Where's Ron?" I asked as we sat at our usual places. I knew he was out on his broom, but this was not favorable weather.

"Dunno.." Harry shrugs, beginning to eat. "Haven't seem him."

I shrug it off, beginning to eat as well. Harry and I usually loosened up with each other during a meal. We soon started talking a bit, but it was soon interrupted.

"Miss Evans," a cold voice said behind me. I turned to see Snape standing over me, giving Harry a sour look. "A word, if I may?"

"Of course, Professor." He then turns, expecting me to follow, and walks out. I give Harry a look, who just shrugs, then follow Snape out. I meet him outside of the Great Hall. "Professor?" I ask quietly.

"In my office, Evans." He says, his voice cold and harsh. He begins walking again, never turning to face me. I follow silently. He leads me inside the room he first evaluated me in. "Sit."

I sit as I'm told, watching silently as he moves around the desk to sit across from me. He folds his arms carefully, his eyes never leaving mine. "Professor?"

"Tell me, Evans." He states. "Who are you?"

"I'm Rose Evans, sir.." I state slowly.

"Who are your parents?" He challenges.

"That doesn't matter anymore." I say quietly, the words burning my throat. Of course they mattered, but I was playing an abused Muggle-born. He leans forward, narrowing his dark eyes at me. "Remus, Sir. Remus Lupin." He takes in a sharp breath, obviously shocked. "He's adopted me, and that's all that matters."

"And so, you've stayed with him all summer?"

"No, only since the end of July." I state.

"How has that been?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Fine." I answer quietly, trying to sound as genuine as possible. "He's not around much, but it's alright. I'm enjoying life much more with him than I was before."

"Have you any idea of where he goes?" He leans closer again, and now I can tell he's trying to figure out what I know. And I plan on telling him nothing. I don't care if I've seen him at headquarters, I don't trust him.

I shake my head. "Always assumed it was for work, of some sort." I state. "I never felt the need to ask."

"Tell me, child." He says calmly. "Do you know what sort of monster he is?"

"The Remus Lupin I know, is no monster." I state before stopping myself. "It's not his fault." I finish.

"So you do know," His lips turn to something of a smile.