YEAR 2, chapter 1

Start from the beginning

 I smiled at Streak and looked at my parents happily. I have a new friend!

" Um dear... why do you have a snake around your neck?" Sirius asked as he eyed me and Streak.

I gave him a look." Streak isn't going to hurt you." I said

" You can understand him, can't you? You're talking to him." My mom said sounding stressed out.

" Yes... can't you understand him?" I asked sounding confused.

" No honey, there are very, very few wizards who can talk to snakes....Your father could talk to snakes... he was a parstlemouth, and it looks like you've inherited that from him."

"My father?.... Wait... Just a few people could? How many people is a few? Would I be looked at as a freak?" I asked nervously dreading the answer.

" Honey... maybe you shouldn't tell anyone... you see the only people who could speak parstletongue were Salazar Slytherins family, which your father was decended from." mom said.

" Why can't I tell people?" I asked quietly

" Its usually the sign of a dark wizard honey." My mother answered patiently.

I stilled. Am I supposed to be a dark wizard? Crap another father given gift. Thanks dad! I appreciate it!

" I'm not going to be a dark wizard though mom." I said sadly as I stared into her sad blue eyes.

" I know honey." she said sadly.

" You need to understand Ava, that even though you say that you aren't a dark wizard that doesn't mean that others will believe you. You now have a special gift that only dark wizards have, people will always be wary of you if they know you can speak to snakes. Your now the heir of Slytherin." Sirius said as serious as a heart attack.

" Sirius!!" My mom shouted at him. " Don't you dare tell her that!"

" What? The heir of Slytherin? What the heck does that mean?" I asked eagerly wanting the information after my moms angry outburst.

" Don't tell her Sirius!" Mom said angrily as she stands up.

" But dear don't you think she deserves to know?"  Sirius said.

" Come now Sirius, we must go tend to the garden." My mom ingored Sirius

Sirius reluctantly got up and stood by my mom.

" Why don't you go inside and write to one of your friends." My mom said as she started walking toward the garden.

I could hear my parents arguing about the heir of slytherin thing as they started toward the garden.

" What about Streak? Can't he come?" I pleaded.

My mom huffed and reluctantly said " Yes, but he must stay away from the other pets! and please honey please keep him away from me." My mom sauntered off with Sirius at her heels.

I grouchily got up and said

" Lets go inside Streak."  I said sounding frustrated. What was so bad about being able to talk to snakes? Sure only dark wizards do, but come on. I'm not a bad person! What does being the heir of Slytherin mean? Why did my mom stop Sirius from telling me? If I am the heir of Slytherin, then I sure as heck have a right to know!

After I stood for awhile venting to myself I slowly made my way toward the house.

I walked inside and stood inside the front door wondering what to do.

I've already wrote to all of my friends this morning, well aside from Harry. I can talk to him anytime I want. The wierd mind thing that we have.

I stood there for a few moments before I remembered that earlier this summer my mom told me when she escaped with me as a child that she had kept diaries telling of her time with Voldemort. Maybe one of those diaries tell me information about my father.... like maybe the heir of Slytherin stuff.