Back Lot Island Walkthrough

Start from the beginning

Go left back to Main Street.  Go all the way to the left, across the road, until you find the old man with the camera around his neck hanging out in front of the Celebrity Wax Museum.  Use the TELEPHOTO CAMERA.  He’ll give you CAMERA FILM.

Now go back to Sunrise Street to the green and purple building, Juan’s Celebrity Souvenirs.  Jump up until you’re all the way at the top and right on a small balcony. Use the CAMERA FILM. Then use the TELEPHOTO CAMERA.  You’ll be looking through the lens into the studio.  You’ll see a man with a beard and then…

Earthquake!  The balcony collapses and you fall inside the walls of the studio.

When you wake up, you’re in a mystical land of waterfalls and castles with a small dog barking at you.  It’s the magical land of…nope, sorry, you’re on a movie set in an area called the Backlot Entrance.

PART TWO: GET KIRK HIS COFFEE

Head left and click on the big gates of the studio to open them. You need them to be open later.

Now, go right until you find the doors to Soundstage 1 with the blinking “Recording in Progress” light above it.  Click on it and a woman will appear asking if you’re from studio security.  She tells you that the legendary director Carson Willis is really close to finishing his movie and that she’s his assistant director Sofia May.  She tells you it’s okay to go inside and check things out, just stay out of the way.  Enter Soundstage 1.

Inside the soundstage, walk left until you’re on the set.  Oops, you ruined the scene!  The star Kirk Strayer storms off.  Exit the soundstage and talk to Sofia.  She tells you to take the cart and go get Kirk out of his trailer.  Go right and click “Ride” on the cart.

Similar to Lunar Colony, the cart uses an overhead map which shows all the buildings inside the walls of the studio. Left clicking makes the cart accelerate.  Use the mouse to aim your cart. You’re looking for Kirk Strayer’s trailer.  Head south out of the parking lot of Soundstage 1 until you’re on the main studio street.  Keep going south until you come to an intersection.  Go east, then north into the parking area.  Kirk’s trailer is in the north part of the lot.  Click on the trailer.

Talk to the director, who’ll tell you there’s no movie without the star.  Click on the trailer door.  Kirk will tell you that he’ll come out if you refill his half-caf, double…wait, half-caf, latte, double espresso…wait…it’s a half-caf leviathan latte-espresso!  Pick up KIRK’S empty HALF-CAF LEVIATHAN LATTE-ESPRESSO CUP.  Time to head to the Queequeeg’s Coffeehouse!

Get back in your cart, go south out of Kirk’s trailer lot, go west to the intersection, go north and then west to the water tower and the parking lot for Soundstage 1.  Click on Sunrise Street to exit.  Go back to Main Street and enter the first Queequeg’s you come to, to the right of the Talent Agency.

Talk to the barista.  They’re out of half-caf leviathan latte-espresso.  But you can get a Full-Caf Infant Espresso instead by clicking on each item.  Press Buy and you’ll get an INFANT SIZED-COFFEE (full espresso).

Now go to the second Queequeg’s Coffeehouse, to the left of the Digital Dreamscapes studios.  Talk to the barista to get the menu.  Click on Latte, Infant, and Decaf to get an INFANT SIZED-COFFEE (decaf latte).

You see where this is going, right?  Kirk wants a half-caf, half-decaf, half-latte, half-espresso cup of coffee.  Go into your backpack and Use one of the INFANT-SIZED COFFEEs.  Then click on each cup and use your mouse to position the small cup over the large cup to pour it.  Once you’ve poured both: presto!  One HALF-CAF LEVIATHAN LATTE-ESPRESSO.  Phew.

Head back to Kirk’s trailer on the studio lot and click on his trailer door.  Hurrah, the coffee has calmed him and he’s ready to work again.  The director is thrilled and asks you to come see him in Soundstage 1 for some more errands.  Go back to Soundstage 1.