Red Dragon Island Walkthrough

Red Dragon Island is a Poptropica quest that takes place in ancient Japan.The island features the main characters from the Magic Tree House book series. In this adventure, you travel back in time in the magic tree house with them to help save a village from the rule of a mean and terrible shogun.

  Yawn. Bo-ring! Let's become ninjas! But first, you'll have to go right until you reach a tire swing. Enter to reach the backyard. You'll see some "magic dust" passing the roof of a house and then you'll meet Jack and Annie, the main characters of the Magic Tree House books. They'll head to a tree house. Walk right until you get to the tire swing. Click on the rope to cut it and drop the tire. Now push it to the left. Take the tire through town and head to the next area, to the left (the Woods.) Now, (gasp, wheeze!) push the tire into the woods, over the hills, and underneath the wooden ladder, heading up to the Magic Tree House.

    Tired yet? No?! Okay, whatever. You'll see a pair of red glasses on the ground (I hope.) Pick them up, and jump up on top of the tire. Whooo! You'll catch some huge air and land on either the ladder or in the tree house. Go in, and you'll soon find Jack and Annie there. Talk to them, and then USE the glasses you found earlier to help Jack see. Go left and pick up Frog Creek, Pennsylvania: Hometown USA. What? And wait, how does this "magic" tree housework, anyway? Ask Annie. Then, a book will appear to her right, called A Journey to Old Japan. Pick it up, USE it, and then get set for an exciting journey to ancient Japan!

What's happening to the tree house?! Oh, we're in Japan. Or in the Imperial Garden east of Edo to be exact... Leave the tree house. Jack and Annie are with you and are already dressed. They're ditching you! Fortunately for you, Jack has given you a magic amulet, which will take you back to the tree house any time you please. Follow them, across the pond, and you'll soon find twosamurai guards. Talk to them. Uh-oh. You have no passport! You'll be thrown into a jail cell.

    Why did you even accept this quest? Now, thanks to Jack and Annie, you've got a criminal record! But stop whining. We're going to blow this Popsicle stand soon enough! USE the amulet to get back to the tree house. Whew! Glad that's over. Hmm... Never thought it would be this simple to get out of jail... Now run left, and into the Bonsai Shop. Talk to the lady there. Ask her about akimono, and she will let you borrow one of hers. Choose any color you like. They've got red, yellow or blue. I chose red. Put it on (actually, you don'y even have to do this. Just click COSTUMIZE and click CANCEL), and good for you... there's a passport in your pocket!

    Now that you look like a citizen, and have a passport, you can waltz past the guards. Go all the way left to enter the next area. Jack and Annie are there. Those scoundrels! Just wait 'till I have a word with them... Oh, great. Just when you thought your luck was turning around... the samurai guards have caught Jack and Annie without passports. Now you have to rescue them!

    Follow them across the bridge to the next area, East Edo. Talk to the lady there. She will tell you where they might have went. You'll find a poster of the evil shogun, too. Ignore it for now... Go up the stairs and get the Rotten Fish. (Yecch!) Now enter the prison, go right, and Annie will drop a letter. Read it. Uh-oh... that rotten shogun found her magic wand! And who's this Basho guy? We'll find him soon enough... Leave the place, drop down, and go left, past the dragon. Keep going left past the falling flowers. Jump onto a rock near the water and grab the Bag of Mortar. Keep going and duck into the hut.

    Talk to the guy there. Oh, darn, we lost Basho! Now let's go back into the town to find him. While on your way back, you'll find a row of people near a samurai. Help him out by arranging the suspects in the correct order! This is the right order (from left to right):
Lady

Other lady (who says she wasn't near someone with glasses or a mustache)

Plain guy

Glasses guy