9 - p. 199

Margot was not a miracle. She was not an adventure. She was not a fine precious thing. She was a girl.

→ Quentin is sitting at dinner with his parents talking about school and his finals. And while the conversation drifts further away from school his parents tell him that even bad people are just people. And that gets him thinking about Margo and how he, in all those years, has never seen her as a person, that has fears and feelings. 

→ Coming to terms with the fact that someone we thought the world of, is actually nothing more than human can be extremely difficult. Especially with people we notice from afar, we tend to see them through this filter light that they are the epitome of humankind and can do no wrong. But at the end of the day, they never tried to be anything more that what they are and we just imagined them to be like that. I think this is especially important as Quentin says that she isn't all of the exciting, amazing and mysterious things but simply who she is. A girl. And given the context of the book, being herself, a simple girl, is enough for him to love her. This is what it should be like: loving someone for who they are and not just the exciting parts.