Chapter 22.

Xavier was released out the hospital a few days after the lashing. The moment we told him about Stacy's death his mood has been different. He has either been locked up in his office all day or in his room, he doesn't talk to anyone except me but it hasn't been that much.

I know Xavier blames Stacy's death on himself and his last words to her are still haunting him. He didn't really like Stacy but she was still marked as his so they had a small connection. Now that connection has died and has taken a toll on Xavier.

"Xavier?" I asked as I was laying down on the bed. He was sitting in front of the bed as he helped Rosalina sit up so he could play with her.

He hasn't been wearing a shirt because it hurt to much to stretch and pull it over so he walked around in his bandages.

"Huh?" He said not looking up. Rosalina was smacking his arm while he held her up.

I crawled to the edge of the bed to watch my two special people play around.

"Are you still upset?" I asked quietly.

"Yes"

I reached forward raked my fingers through his jet black hair.

"You shouldn't blame yourself about Stacy's death, it isn't your fault." I said encouraging.

He looked up at me with confusion as he placed Rosalina in his lap, playing with her blonde hair.

"I don't blame myself for that and I don't regret my words, I've been telling her the whole time that I didn't want her and that she wasn't my mate. I'm upset because Stacy found her mate and was pregnant with his pup." He said.

I looked at him with shock. So Stacy did find her mate but kept it a secret from everyone. If she would of told someone then she would still be alive baring her soul mates mark.

"It's nothing I can do about it now but go down and visit him to tell him how sorry I am." Xavier said.

I looked down at his arm and noticed the tattoo but more clearly than I did before. It was the picture of a black rose with thorn vines wrapping around it and words under it,

When I say I love you, please believe it's true
Whenever I say forever, know I'll never leave you
When I say goodbye, promise me you won't cry
Because the day I'll be saying that will be the day I die

I traced the letters with my fingers as he unintentionally flexed his arms while playing with Rosalina.

"What does your tattoo mean?" I asked still tracing it.

"When we were little you had a weird fascination for black roses so you are the black rose and I am the vines covered in thorns protecting what I love. The words are self explanatory." He smiled as he turned my way to kiss me on the tip of my nose.

I smiled as I looked over to see Rosalina smiling up at us. She was so adorable.

"Well come on I'll give her a bath while you get dressed." He said as he began to stand up.

I stood up from the bed and looked at him puzzled.

"Go get your ass in that closet and get dressed while I wash her up." He said slowly.

I shook my head. "You're not washing my child up."

"Why don't you want me to wash OUR child up." He growled.

I looked at him with awe as he claimed Rosalina as his own. I mean he never rejected her and always cared for her but it was good hearing it out of his mouth.