s e v e n t e e n : d e c i s i o n

Start from the beginning

I just couldn't find enough proof to prove my point, but I was sure there was something. If I were to think more logically, it couldn't be wrong that Chanyeol.. Well, I didn't want to say this butㅡmaybe, just a tiny bit maybe, Chanyeol might had something to do on that day.

"Did you lie to me, Chanyeol?" I raised a brow. "Was there really a form that you need to take from council office on that day?"

Chanyeol's knees dropped onto the ground; much to my surprise. I was flabbergasted with the responseㅡI expected him to lash out and tell me that I was wrong with the loud voice of his. "Ah.." He clutched onto his chest, his head suddenly hung low as he gasped for air.

Widening my eyes, I quickly followed him kneeling on the ground. W-what was happening? Was this too much shock for him? I swore I didn't mean to kill him. "A-Are you hurt somewhere?" I grabbed his cheeks to properly looked into my eyes.

"Sorry, Chanyeol.." I slowly muttered upon noticing that he was starting to cry. "Was I being too harsh on you?" You wouldn't believe this was the same guy skipping with rainbows on his head just now.

Tears started to overflow from his eyes as his nose became red. "..I didn't mean to lie. I really didn't mean it. It hurts me to fool you." He reached out to my hands that was cupping on his cheeks. "But it also hurts me when losing to Junmyeon.." Huh? "I just wanted you to pick me more than him."

"I-it's okay, Chanyeol. Just tell me slowly." I said. It might sound confident, but inside my head, I was flipping upside down with the new information to process. Did this mean that he really knew about me liking Junmyeon before?

"It's because I like you." He wiped a tear that escaped from his eyes. "I told you, I won't lose to anyone. Didn't you remember? And I've been liking you since middle school, even before Junmyeon know you.."

"Uhalright. But this doesn't justify the fact that you lied and set a trap on me."

"I know, I'm sorry." He sobbed. And that made me felt bad for being the bad guy all sudden. "I knew Junmyeon and Irene were planning something inside the office that day..so I just thought to use that chance to stir a misunderstanding. It's my fault. I didn't think it was going to take a toll on you that much."

I heaved out a loud sigh. Chanyeol seemed to obviously hear that, he bit his lips guilty as he stared at me. Pressing my lips into a straight line, I pat his shoulders lightly. "Thank you for being honest. I'm not really mad at you. The thing has been resolved, so I wasn't stressed that much." I smiled. "I just want to know you reason."

"You can hate me all you want, Chorong. I-I won't blame you."

"Nah, I'm not that cruel." I chuckled, feeling relieved to see he was cracking a small smile in amusement. "Now, you can take this." Handing out the box of confectionery again, I took one of his hand to safely secure it inside his palm.

"I-is this?" He had a hopeful look.

"But I'm sorry, Chanyeol." I bitterly smiled. "These are only friendship chocolate." It took him only a second to understand the meaning. Once again, he hung his head low.

"..It's just that I really like you. But why won't you look into my way?"

I cleared my throat to avoid the situation became gloomy again. To be honest, I didn't have enough courage to answer that question.

"Now, can you accompany and help me to find Junmyeon?"

Chanyeol nodded. His tears were already goneㅡwhat only left were his red eyes and ears. His whole face was puffy. I couldn't admit that I made him to be like this. Returning his jacket back, he spoke with a hoarse voice, "..Where's your jacket?"