e x t r a : s i d e s t o r y

The first time I met Kim Junmyeon was during the third month of school assembly on my first year.

"Urgh, I'm so tired." I huffed out a short breath in dissatisfaction. Irene who stood beside me raised a brow, not really bother to ask more since I was the type to whine about anything every second. Looking back towards the stage, there was itㅡ the principal who still was having the best day of his life talking about school improvement this year.

"Did you ever notice that he's actually wearing a wig?" I whispered to Irene. The girl widened her eyes due to the sudden information.

"Stop it! I don't want to laugh during the assembly." Her lips were twitching; only seconds away from breaking into a laugh. Ah, so she too did notice it too. It was obvious for me, so I wouldn't mind if another person could sense about it from miles away.

I was about to reply more but a chuckle was heard from my behind. Geesh, the person behind even eavesdroppedㅡ but I guessed he noticed about it as well. Shrugging the person off from bothering me, I added more just to annoy Irene, "What do you call the security outside of a Samsung Store?"

"Oh my god." She closed her eyes, trying hard to hide her laugh.

"Guardians of the Galaxy." I accidentally snorted out loud over the uncalled joke. Do Kyungsoo smacked my arm from the side after hearing something enough to irritate him in the middle of the assembly. "Auw!" I winced as I widened my eyes.

A few students turned their head around and grunted at the voice pollution that I had been making. One of them even yelled out a loud warning, "Shush!"

"Behave yourself." Kyungsoo tried to calm me down. I stuck out my tongue and scooted closer towards him instead, finding a new victim to hear another of my lame joke. I swore I could hear Irene breathing out a relieved sigh from escaping the torture.

"A man was hit in the head with a can of Sprite." I grabbed Kyungsoo on the shoulder. His face started to get redㅡ not because he was shy of me making physical contactㅡ but because he knew what was coming afterwards. "But he's okay, it was a soft drink." His serious expression turned into a little smile as he finally cracked.

Kyungsoo glanced sideways, "What do you call a bear with no teeth?"

I burst out into a laugh, "A-a gum-gummy bear! Hahahaha!" It was so funny that I had to crouch down on the floor while holding for my stomach like it was about to explode. Heat started to spread across my cheeksㅡ I didn't expect Do Kyungsoo to join up telling lame jokes in the assembly.

"Is she okay?" Someone asked from behind while I was busy hiding my laugh into my lap.

"Oh, don't worry." Kyungsoo was the one who replied. "She's always being dimwit like this all the time." As an agreement, I quickly waved my hands dismissively in the airㅡ trying to stop them from being too concern over the pathetic person laughing. It was at the right moment just when the principal had finished his speech, so the rest of it was concluded in short time.

"Ah, today is the best assembly ever." I wiped away a tear that managed to escape in the midst of laughing.

"You're embarrassing us." Irene chuckled as we started to head out from the hall. I just replied with a snicker. Oh , come on. Laughing should be the best medicine to get rid of the stress and the fatigue building up inside me. School had barely begun; but I already hated waking up in the morning. Phew, I was only on my third monthㅡ but I was starting to worry if I could survive until the end of the semester though.