s e v e n t e e n : d e c i s i o n

[2015] Well, well. I'm supposed to post the last chapter dayss ago. Haish but then I got writer's block and stuffs and furthermore Haikyuu S2's trailer (lol I love that anime) is out and and I can't breathe after watching it. Hoho, by the way, enjoy the last chapterrr :)

[2020] ʕ⊙ᴥ⊙ʔ

•••

"Chanyeol, are you there?" I peeked my head first from behind the door, looking around the rooftop if there was a sign of the giant anywhere. I was just a little bit late, it couldn't be that he left already right?

"I'm here, I'm here." Much to my surprise, he appeared right in front of me. His face lit up swiftly as if there was a light switch turned on for him to show his big grin. "Where did you go?" Chanyeol opened the door bigger, ushering me to step forward more comfortably.

"Sorry, I was caught up with something." I let out a short laugh to cover it up. I couldn't believe what I just did. I ran off from Junmyeon for Chanyeol again. The thought quickly disappeared as I slapped myself mentally. No, you had this only one chance. Don't back out.

Pulling the end of my sleeve, Chanyeol pulled me into his personal space closer. "What is it? The thing that you wanted to tell me?" An eager expression was plasteredㅡsparkles radiating from his eyes that were filled with hope. "I-I can expect something good, right?"

I rummaged my bag, searching for the pink bag that was neatly secured. As soon as the pink paper bag was out in view, I took out a small wrapped box that filled with sweets that I made. Now that I looked at each wrapping again, it looked a little bit silly since if wasn't done properly. "For you."

Chanyeol widened his eyes. It went even wider than his usual reaction. A short gasp was released from his dropped jaw, alongside with his face filled with unbelievable emotion. "H-huh?"

"But before that," I held the box back to myself before he could take it. "I want to confirm something with you."

"Did you make those? That's called handmade, isn't it?" Chanyeol didn't seem to hear the rest of my words as he mumbled softly from under his covered mouth. His ears went into full red zone, about to let off some steam. "I'm getting those?"

I scratched the back of my neck.

"Does this mean you like me?"

"Uh"

"R-really? Is that it?"

"Wait, Chanyeol." I raised up my palm to calm himself before anything else. Geesh, he had to jump into the distracting topic first. "I need you to be honest with me first." Without hearing his reply, I continued with a hesitating voice, "I want to know what really happened on the day we both saw Irene and Junmyeon."

He flinched, doubting the sudden raised question. His grin faded into a straight line after a few seconds.

"From your side. I want to know what really was going on." I mumbled the rest of my words.

The wind suddenly got chilly with the drop of mood. I folded my arms together and rubbed the side of my elbow, trying to endure the coldness that was interrupting the atmosphere. Chanyeol seemed to subtly notice; as he shrugged off his jacket to wrap it around my shoulders. "T-thanks.." Then it became silent again.

To be honest, I really didn't want to bring this up. I had tossed and turned around on my bed the whole last night and yesterday's incident had been bugging me ever since I got back home. But when I tried to connect the puzzle pieces together, it just didn't make any sense to me. And the fact that yesterday when I met Chanyeol and Junmyeon after schoolㅡany blind person would notice that they were fighting over something. Them both were both close friends, I could even say their friendship was considered as a brotherhood.