f i f t e e n

"Sure. What are friends for?"

That was my lame reply.

I was mentally slapping myself, internally screaming in both relief and panic. In a way, the misunderstanding somehow was resolved in a quick call. No, was it really a misunderstanding? It was mostly my side trying to back away the mostit was entirely my fault. I felt so terrible somehow. When I took a peek at Junmyeon's face again, he didn't give out any major expression that could answer more of my misery. He really didn't do anything wrong.

But I was with Chanyeol at that time, didn't I? He had been acting weird since that day, too. I clenched my fists, somehow a new piece of puzzle popped up in my mind. "Jun"

The bell suddenly rang, cutting my voice. Never mind, I didn't want to make things bigger. Junmyeon didn't seem to notice that I was calling for him, so it saved me from some embarrassment right there. Perhaps it wasn't a needed topic to discuss for.

"Oh, it's the bell." He stood up and after a few minutes cleaning, he kept the things back to its original place. "Your nose is fine as it is, so I think we're good. We should go to class now." Junmyeon spoke quietly. His ears were slightly flushed in red; I could notice it from here when I looked at it better. How cute..

"Can't I just stay here and sleep?" An idea suddenly perked inside my brain. Oh my, how brilliant would that be. I rubbed my chin as I quietly whispered to myself, trying to strategise some wonderful ways to escape myself from entering the hell period of lessons. I could just use the sick excuse and get away with it. After all, I was the master of all, Park Chorong.

Junmyeon heaved a sigh and put hands on his waist, "No can do, Chorong. You have to get back to class. Don't be like Baekhyun, though. He plays games and skips classes." He opened the door before leaning on it, a signal for me to hurry up and drop my silly act. E-embarrassing. How could I show how pathetic student I was in front of a member of student council?! I let out a fake giggle, but really, it sounded like a seal wailing in tears. I quickly gathered all of my inner courage despite the embarrassment boiling inside of me and got up from the chair.

"No, I was actually kidding. I couldn't do such thing in front of you." I intentionally coughed as I stood in front of him. Release inner good student personality, Chorong!

"Of course you won't." He suddenly patted my head. Instead of embarrassment, now my entire face had covered in red due to the butterflies in my stomach. I could explode any moment right now. "You have to score your test or else you'll need to attend more supplementary lessons." A large smile was plasteredㅡ it almost seemed like he was amused with the fact that I was actually lazy to study and had to go supplementary lessons. At least that's better than going to the detention..

"W-well..I've been getting tutor from Jongdae, so it helps me a lot nowadays."

"Did he take care a good care of you?"

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes as we walked at the same time, and as expected he put on a very laidback face. T-that question didn't mean anything else, right? It didn't have any other meaning, right? It wasn't like he was going to punch Jongdae if I were to say he's actually been torturing me inside and out with thick pages of text books. I quickly snapped out from my hectic thoughts. "Of course. He's been a great help."