Chapter 9: Forgetful Homecoming

Start from the beginning

Colton Bradley had arrived within twenty minutes of being summoned, the agent dragging an over excited Layla with him. Tony was in New Dehli, but would mount his jet as soon as he could, then swing by Cali to pick up Bruce. Jane was trying to contact Heimdell to get a hold of Thor, who was visiting Asgard to visit the Warriors Three and Sif for the week. 'May's' team was on their way.

Sienna Firman had been found alive.

Natasha and Layla were in the mess hall the hospital getting some food while Colton and Steve were watching Sienna's sleeping body from outside her room through the window. As creepy and stalkerish as it sounded, Rogers wouldn't leave Si. Agent 21 was excited himself, happy his friend had been found, but still doubtful.

"So, there's still a fifty-fifty chance she'll survive?" Bradley asked, pacing a bit.

Steve nodded," That's what the doctor said. But she's a strong girl. She'll be fine."

"Who was the doctor that tended to her on the quinjet?"

"I actually don't know. Kept Sienna alive long enough. Probably should take the time to thank her."

"A very respectable act." Colton agreed. An uneasy silence crowded the two men as Fury chatted with Hill a few yards away, only murmurs in the background of their minds.

Rogers and Bradley had never completely clicked, even after the month they spent together on the Bus. Steve didn't like Agent 21's secrecy, and Colton was iffy on Roger's way of doing things, especially when it came to missions. No, they'd never fought, but it was more a clash of personalities.

In an effort to continue conversation. Steve turned back to Bradley,"When'd you meet Sienna?"

Colton lightly shook his shoulders, not making eye contact with the Captain," Uh, I think I met her when she relieved me of duty while guarding Loki's cell, all the way back to New York."

Steve again nodded, looking back up to see the bed.

No one was there. Sienna had disappeared.

Panic rose in the soldier's throat. They'd gotten to her. They'd taken her back. She was gone again. Again.

Bradley noticed the supposedly unconscious girl's absence, opening his mouth to say something when his eyes grew wide. Before Rogers could speak, a cool razor pricked the skin of his neck. A slight pain buzzed from the area, blood dripping a bit.

Steve whipped around fast, ready to react as fast as possible to face his attacker. But there was no man before his eyes, just a very fragile and almost deathly Sienna.

Her eyes held animal-like primitivity, mixed with fear and hate. Her body was shaking with tremors of pain, but in her hand she held a scalpel. The Captain's blood dripped off it, marking the white floor, but the future tile cleaning wasn't the problem.

Sienna was up, with a knife in her hand and had just tried to slit Steve Roger's throat.

See, the Captain hadn't realized that. He was just in shock of seeing his best friend in front of him, one who had been gone for months. He froze, the very sight of her not just memorizing but almost forgotten.

The very pale girl in front of him bared her knife, swallowing as her lips quivered in pain and the sheer exhaustion from standing up. That's when Steve realized she'd collapse under her own weight if she didn't sit down. He also noticed she seemed quite afraid of him.

He reached out a hand as Firman backed into the hospital room again, shying from his touch," Si, hey..."

"Don't touch me."